Superpowers?

The wind ruffled my hair, and I caught how much it had changed, "Whoa! Yellow? But what does that mean?" Jaimie, who I could feel was looking me over, as she said her surprised words.

"Never mind that! We'll find out later; more important is this monster. You're hair, it's back to almost white and it has blue streaks and golden running through it." Ember added.

I pushed the monster back and watched as it stumbled while I looked myself over. After checking out my outfit I switched my attention back to the space rock and the Minotaur.

"We need to push it away from here and somehow get rid of it!"

"Got a plan? Anyone?"

"What if we were to lure it over to the cliff of the mountain?" Charli suggested.

"It's all we got right now! No one fall off, that's the last thing we want to explain to Howards. Try and jump to the side before it falls!" I shouted, already heading for the edge of the crater.

They caught up within seconds and the thing followed us. We ran through; jumped over fallen; and dogged trees that were thrown at us. The cliff came within sight. Skidding to a halt I dove to the right, out of the way and not off the cliff. Everyone else made it safely but the monster was to hot on Charlis' heels. She dove and landed an inch away from falling; but before she could get up and to safety the monsters hand outstretched and grabbed her. Pulling her over the side with it.

"CHARLI!" our voices echoed into the valley and around.

A immense thud sounded within at least five seconds of both of them going over.

"That was a lot of hang time! Maybe she grabbed a ledge or something?" Jaimie seemed desperate to not to believe what just happened.

Then a miracle.

"Uhhhh! Guys! I'm not dead!" Charlis' voice called out and with an echoing grunt later she appeared on the ledge.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!" Elijah screamed.

"Eli! Shut it! They for sure heard you this time!" Ember roused on her cousin.

He gave a sheepish shrug and looked over the cliff for Charli. He almost fell over himself when she came soaring up and over him, landing on her feet.

"How the hell did you do that?" I demanded.

"Alex! I jumped. I jumped!" she cried.

Greyish black dust rose up on the wind from below and was blown away by the wind currents. Flashes of what could only be described as the rainbow occurred and everyone was back in their normal clothing.

"Aw man! I was just getting used to having a sword!" Eli said sullenly.

Laughter echoed over the valley for the next couple of seconds; almost a full minute- along with shaking heads. A phones notification tone sounded and Jaimie pulled her phone out of her pants and silenced it. But not before her eyes went wide.

"HOLY SHIT! Guys! We gota go, now! Like we gota RUUNNNN!" she said hastily.

And with that all five of us were bolting up the steep incline of the mountain as fast and as best we could towards our band at the picnic table. Jaimie screaming the time the whole way. It had taken us five whole minutes to climb back up the incline and to the top to our bags at the picnic table, let alone getting down. That was probably going to take another hour.

We scrambled as fast as we could, trying to take any available shortcuts that we deemed necessary and jumping from little drops near the path when it got to steep or would take too long to pass. Eventually, half an hour later, battered; scratched; and exhausted we exited the trail. Kyle was waiting in the car for us at the nearby by shopping centre.

"Looks like someone's disobeyed Howdy." he teased.

"Kyle! Don't you go telling her any of this!" Charli started.

"It's my fault. I'm the amateur archaeologist here. I wanted to see what we were dealing with before Howards and everyone else was bloody swarming it." I lied.

Kyle seemed to buy it; humming he turned the key in the ignition and the car came to life and he started driving.

We reached the school at exactly 10am and we bolted to our house. Changing clothes that had rips and tears from branches or stains from them and the dirt. My arms had a couple scratches on them but they would be fine; what Howdy would notice straight away though would be the green tree and dirt stains on my clothes and body.

"See you guys later! I’ve gota split; Howards won't be happy that I'm late!" I shouted as I chucked my refilled water bottle into my backpack and took off again.

"Good luck!" Charli shouted.

"WAIT!" Jaimie screamed loud enough to hurt my ears.

"Relax! I won't let Howdy know"

"But that's not what I'm worried about. How and what if this" Jaimie lifted her left wrist and pointed to her morpher "Somehow accidentally......turns into that morpher and you transform?".

"Jaimie I'm sure it won't unless I press it or say something. But I am sure I will not transform unless I say Galaxy Unleashed."

"Okay!" she sighed "Be safe."

"I will! I'm late now bye!" I shouted and this time I rushed out the door and rushed to Howdy's office.

Principle Howards's office was located on the second floor of the Office building. The morpher looked like a bracelet with a little circular metal piece; sitting on my right wrist. All of ours were different; matching with the colours we had. Mine had black; gold; and Navy blue strands of some string and the metal was an ax and a sword in black on the gold circle with navy stars around it. I actually liked it. Like really really really liked it. It was actually dawning on me that I was starting to love it. Climbing the spiral matt black staircase Howdy's door opened.

"Good! I was worried for a second you slept in. Sorry for cutting your sleep short from this morning's early wake up. But, we better hurry; otherwise your old teachers and the police will both have our heads!" she flipped her tone from being worried to completely laughable.

Dam. Howdy did really know how to turn a situation around with just words.