Wolf Moon

ACT ONE--PART ONE

Ashton sighed as he sat on the bench beside his sister, watching students walk into the school.
Allison looked over, dark brown curls bouncing as she looked to him, curious and cautious.

"I noticed you disappeared last night, you weren't in bed." Allison concluded, crossing her arms. A sly smirk taking over.
"Is there already someone here who caught your eye?"

Ashton's eyes shot open, surprised and disgusted. So far, every person he saw looked..well, less than satisfactory.
"Correction, I went for a run."

Allison hummed, beginning to talk before she was silenced. A constant beeping distracting them both.
Allison groaned as she pulled her phone from her pocket, distracting her mind by looking through her school bag.
"Three calls is a little much on the first day, Mom."
Ashton chuckled, opening his water as he looked around.

The school looked old, but new. Almost liked it belonged on a TV. Outside was definitely the most compelling. The grass and plants were actually healthy, and even in the fall weather, Ashton could see flowers beginning to spread.

Ashton was snapped out of his thoughts as a older man made his way to them, quickly ushering them into the highschool, sticking to the conversation with Allison rather than with him. It was more than okay.

Allison pulled Ashton along by his sleeve, dragging him to the free seats.
Allison sat herself in front of a shaggy haired, almost puppy look alike, boy. Leaving Ashton to sit himself beside her, and in front of a nearly bald teen.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows as the shaggy haired one passed a pencil to Allison, not missing the confusion on his sisters face either.

'How the fuck did he know she needed one?'

Ashton sighed as he sat on the staircase, leaning his back against the wall. Allison was long gone, joining a friend, is what the text read.

Now, he wasn't one to judge, but, from what he could tell, no one in the school was truly worth knowing.

"Watch it!"

Ashton barely had time to react before he felt something hard and fast hit his chest, looking down to see a white rounded ball sitting on his lap.
He picked the sportsball up, twisting it around his hand, confused for it's purpose.

A average height teen soon appeared, short light brown hair barely moving as his head turned to meet Ashton's.

"This yours?"
Ashton asked, throwing the ball up in the air for extra clarification. As if it was needed (it was not).

The teen rolled his eyes, shaking the long stick in his hand.
"Obviously."

Ashton smiled, throwing the ball back, cracking a small laugh when he heard the teen let out a smell breath of pain.
"There you go then. Oh, sorry, names Ashton."

The teen looked up, scowl slightly retreating as he continued to watch the others face.
"Jackson."

Ashton nodded, waving to Jackson as the boy turned on his heels.
He sighed, picking at the corner of his nails, bored.