Formality

ACT ONE-PART ELEVEN

Ashton chuckled as Scott's eyes shot open, the teen immediately sitting up off the table. "Hey Doc, he's awake."

Deaton turned, nodding to Ashton before looking at Scott. "Welcome back to the land of the conscious." He teased, fully turning as Scott jumped off the table, his knees nearly giving out from under him.

Deaton walked over, placing a hand on Scott's chest. "You doing okay? Maybe you should sit-" The short conversation ended as the bell went off, signaling the door had been opened.

Deaton turned to deal with his client, stopping as Scott grabbed his arm.

Ashton walked over, placing a hand on Scott's back, Deaton nodding to the two before walking away.

Ashton held up a finger to his mouth, signaling for the beta to be quiet. He lead Scott to the corner of the room, having him sit down, kneeling in front of him.

They waited, and waited. They both jumped at the sound of something breaking, waiting as they heard the sound of retreating footsteps.

But then, quietly, Scott whispered beside him.

"Allison."

Ashton turned towards Scott, hearing the door close faintly. "What about her?"

"He's going after her." Scott said, standing up with the help of Ashton.

"No." Ashton shook his head. "He won't. We have a deal."

"Which is?" Deaton asked, walking back into the room.

"I do what he asks, he leaves her out of it." Ashton informed, walking over and sitting down in the chair.

Deaton hummed. "But do you trust Peter to hold up his end?"

"No." Ashton and Scott both said.

Scott sighed, looking at Ashton. "Why're you here anyways?"

Ashton let out a breath, crossing his arms, and so, for the third time, he explained what Peter had asked. The linking spell, how it happened, what it entails, and of course, him also having a bullet wound.

Scott crossed his arms, a muttered thank you leaving him as Deaton passed him a shirt. "So, we're linked now?"

Ashton nodded.

"Can you, like, undo it?" Scott asked, sliding the shirt on.

"I can-"

"I don't think he should." Deaton interrupted, leaning against the counter.

Scott and Ashton both turned to Deaton, the two both being mildly confused at the random outburst from him.

Deaton chuckled, seeing their expressions, no doubt doing little to hide their confusion. "If Ashton gets hurt, you'll know. If you get hurt, he'll know, just like he did last night. I think it's beneficial." Deaton stated. "Not to mention, Ashton is close to the Hale's it seems. You two, can help close the divide, it'd save people a lot of blood."

Ashton sighed, looking at Scott. "As long as you don't get shot again, I have no problem with it."

Scott nodded. "Fine with me."

"Okay." Ashton cleared his throat. "But in a few months, it'll tamper off on its own."

Scott nodded again, clearly agreeing with whatever Ashton and Deaton said, his mind preoccupied.