Co-Captain

ACT ONE-PART TEN

Ashton sighed as he trailed behind Derek and Peter, subtly watching Danny leave the locker room.

Derek turned to Ashton, motioning towards the lights. The witch did as he asked, snapping his fingers, the lights dimming.

Ashton could hear Scott shuffling around as they moved inside the locker room, watched the lacrosse ball roll to his feet.

He leaned against the shower wall beside Derek as Scott finally turned, looking at them.

"Thank god!" Scott exclaimed, moving towards them. "Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Ashton cleared his throat, looking behind Scott.

Scott seemed to get the message, turning around right as Peter stepped out from behind the wall, fiddling with the lacrosse stick in his hand.

Peter sighed. "I really don't get lacrosse."

Scott took in a sharp breath, his body tensing. "It's you."

"When I was in high school, we played basketball." Peter stated. "There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that Lacrosse comes from native Americans tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict."

Ashton nodded. "History class 101."

"I have that right? Hm." Peter hummed, flinging the stick to rest over his shoulder. "I have l little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott." He said, moving the stick to rest against the wall before looking back at Scott. "But I need your help to do it."

Scott shook his head. "I'm not helping you kill people."

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them." Peter replied, glancing at Ashton. "Take him for example, he's still alive." He looked back at his beta. "Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include.." He trailed off, looking at Derek for help.

"Allison." Derek finished for him, his eyes flicking over to Scott's.

Scott paused, looking between Ashton and Derek. "You're on his side?!" He scoffed, his eyes wide in disbelief. "Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?"

Derek swallowed, looking at Ashton. "It was a mistake."

"What?" Scott breathed out.

Derek took a breath, looking back at Scott. "It happens."

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us." Peter interrupted, stepping closer as he motioned towards himself and the two who arrived with him. "We really just want to help you reach your full potential."

"By killing my friends." Scott countered.

Peter smiled, glancing at Ashton and Derek before returning his gaze to Scott. "Sometimes the people closest to you, can be the ones holding you back the most."

Scott waited, taking a moment for himself before he replied. "If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you, I'm okay with that."

"Maybe," Peter began, walking towards Scott. "You could try and see things," He trailed off, holding his hand up, his claws slowly replacing his nails.