STORY OF THE CHUBBY 41

'Seriously, Sam! Most of my jeans are worn out at the inside of my thighs because of all the friction from walking!' I slumped back, leaning on the closet door, closing my eyes. 'I don't have anything to wear!'

'Yes you do. Shut up,' Sammy said, going through my clothes. 'Get up and go shower while I pick out something for you. Then we'll do your hair and make-up...!'

I stood up, and headed to the bathroom, 'If this is your reaction over a date I'm scared to know what you'll do during prom.'

'You're right to be scared,' she yelled just before I closed the door to the bathroom.

I'd woken up early today with the realization that I was actually going on a date with Chris and I had absolutely nothing to wear. Thank God for Sammy. She came over after  I had called her, excited over the fact that I was finally going on a date.

I, on the other hand, was between excited and panicked. I felt like peeing on myself every two minutes.

Wear something comfortable. Pick you up at 2pm. Can't wait:) His text had read.

As I stepped into the shower, I couldn't help but wonder if he felt as nervous as I did.

Around twenty minutes later, I stepped out of the shower, my towel wrapped around me while I tried to dry my hair with another. I stopped short when I saw clothes sprawled on my bed.

'Sammy!' I called out.

'What?' The girl in question asked poking her head through my door.

I gestured to the clothes, 'Where did you get these?'

She gave me an innocent look, 'In your closet.'

'Sammy.' I knew she'd bought these for me. 'I don't like it when you buy things for me!'

She gave me a hurt look, 'Why?'

I sighed, sitting on the bed beside the clothes. 'Because I don't even buy you things. And I always feel guilty.'

She gave me a wide smile, 'I don't mind. I have the money. And if you feel guilty then buy me something too.' She gave me a wink. 'Now dress up and come to Alex's room.' And then she was out of the door. I looked down at the clothes.

It was a long, white chiffon top and black pants with flowery details at the side of each pant leg. I put on my underwear then wore my new clothes. Perfect fit, I thought as I headed to the mirror.

'Oh Sammy,' I murmured as I smiled at my reflection. She really did know what looks good on me. The top reached at my butt and it actually covered my tummy really well, and the pants had a slimming effect on me. I should start going shopping for my clothes with Sammy.

I walked myself to Alex's room, where Sammy was applying mascara to Alex's eyelashes. Poor Alex couldn't stop blinking.

'Stop torturing my sister, Sammy,' I said with a laugh.

The two girls turned to look at me.

'My baby's gwowin' up!' Alex exclaimed clapping her hands.

I looked down at myself and smiled, 'Sammy, you're a lifesaver,' I smiled at the two girls.

Sammy tapped the space next to her. 'Come here! Alex and I are going to make you look fabulous. Chris won't know what hit him!'

Alex laughed picking up a tube of lipstick and smacking her lips together, 'And you're going to get your kiss today, too!'

I rolled my eyes although I was jumping up and down in excitement.

***

An hour later, I was ready. My auburn hair was in a neat loose braided bun courtesy of Sammy with part of the front of my hair falling around my face. They kept my make-up light; a bit of eyeliner on my upper lids, mascara and some pink guava flavored lip gloss that I Sammy Alex insisted I carry for later.