STORY OF THE CHUBBY 38

'Well, ain' this a sight!'

I heard a voice above me but I was too drowsy to understand what was happening. A few seconds later, I felt my cheek being poked mercilessly as I tried to wrestle myself back to sleep.

'What?' I groaned, trying to pull the comforter over my face to stop the assault to my cheek. But the person wasn't having any of it. I felt the comforter being yanked away from my face. Vaguely, I felt the weight around my waist tighten and someone cuddle into my back.

I opened my eyes slowly, blinking rapidly due to the light that was threatening to blind me right now.

'Atta girl.'

I looked to up to see my sister grinning widely, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

'Go away, Alex. It's way too early,' I grumbled, throwing an arm over my eyes. My head felt like it weighed a tonne and there was a distinct ache to go along with it.

'It's actually jus' a few minutes to 9 and I thin' Mum and Dad won' be too happy if they foun' out you and Chwis shared a bed,' Alex said, poking my side.

So that's who was currently cuddling me, I thought as I turned to look at the boy in question.

I managed a smile as I looked at his almost peaceful face. His hair was sticking out in all directions and his mouth was a little open as he slept.

'Wake him up now! We're 'avin' breakfast at Tim's so...chop chop!' she said enthusiastically, standing up and walking to the other room through the door that joined the two rooms.

'Wake up, sleeping beauty,' I said, nudging Chris. 'We have to start prepping.'

Chris groaned, shaking his head. 'Five more minutes.'

'If my parents come and find out we shared a bed...'

'Okay, okay...I'm up,' Chris said, sitting up, his eyes still closed.

'Nice drool, Edwards,' I said with a smirk. He didn't but I thought I'd just tease him.

He quickly wiped the side of his mouth before he seemed to realize I was messing with him. He opened his eyes to glare at me, 'I do not drool.'

I chuckled before sitting up myself. 'You should head to the shower first. You need it.'

'Uh huh,' he said, getting up and stretching. 'Nice bed head by the way.' He added, his eyes fully open now, a smirk playing on his lips.

My hand flew to my hair. I hadn't even thought of how I looked when I woke up. Sure enough, I could feel the impression left by my pillow on my hair.

'Shut up,' I said, a little embarrassed. What if I had bad breath? What if my eyes looked a little swollen from sleep?

'Good morning, pretty,' he said in reply, sending a grin my way that seemed to melt my questions away.

I stuck my tongue at him, 'Off to the bathroom with you, Edwards.'

He just chuckled before lazily dragging himself to the bathroom. I fell back onto the pillow, a silly grin on my face.  I was totally in over my head when it came to Chris. And this time, I didn't mind it at all.

***

'That was amazing, Tim,' Mum said, delight all over her face, when Tim came around to ask us if we enjoyed our meal. Dad agreed with Mum, I was pretty sure Alex was blushing when she said 'she loved it', I gave him two thumbs up while Chris was still stuffing his face with pancakes. Surely that spoke of how much he enjoyed it since he was on his second plate. My head was feeling much better after the breakfast and that was a relief. I guess I had Chris to thank for forcing me to drink water last night.