-6-

((This song is a bop and I can't think of what to add to these earlier chapters I'm not sorry))

((This made sense when this was first published: Extra chapter for New Years! Not based on New Years since this story is currently behind our timeline))

((The girlfriend thing is a JOKE. Please do not take it seriously I thought it seemed like something he might say in that context, but it is purely a "haha embarrass my friend in front of his other friends" not a genuine statement))

((Warnings: it's all just dysphoria and misgendering baby. I will no longer be specifically mentioning those because they're in almost every chapter.))

And things did truly seem to be getting better for a while.

His channel on twitch had grown exponentially. It had gotten to the point where he made a YouTube channel to post vods, as well as some other content he'd always wanted to make.

Plus, he was starting to grow more accustomed to this lifestyle. Although it was still crazy getting to speak to some of the people he'd had a one sided internet-relationship with for so long.

And definitely awkward. Whenever  he would accidentally mention others' favorite colors or foods, or when he already knew a piece of trivia they shared. Luckily, they usually just laughed it off or called him a fangirl.

This day, he'd just so happened to be streaming with Tommy. He leaned back in his seat stretching out.

"Oh no," Tommy said.

Y/N paused mid stretch before relaxing.

"What?"

He was answered as someone else joined the call.

"Tommy what did you do?" a slightly threatening voice spoke and y/n froze.

"Whaaaaaat?" Tommy's voice was high.

"#Tommydidwhat is trending on Twitter," he said. "And I'm getting tagged in it."

Y/n burst out laughing as he realized what was going on.

~flashback~

Y/n was messing around in a world he and Tommy played on sometimes as he waited for Tommy to join. He'd said he would after his stream, which was on the smp.

"Uhhhh," Tommy's voice caught y/n's attention. He laughed. "Uh oh,"

"Tommy?"

"I uh, Dream's gonna be mad," he laughed.

"What did you do?" Y/n asked, a smile growing on his face.

"I didn't mean to explode his base."

"You did what?!" he choked. He laughed, smacking his table.

Tommy shushed him as if anyone would hear.

"It- it was a creeper! Don't say anything!"

"Chat chat post #tommydidwhat," he yelled, hoping he was unmuted on Tommy's stream.

"NO!"  So he was unmuted.

"WAIT WAIT AND TAG DREAM! But don't say anything!" He shouted as he realized they could definitely hear him. Causing problems on purpose, as one does when given the opportunity.

"WHAT? NO!"

~end of flashback~

Apparently it had worked.

"Oh, hi o/n. Didn't realize you were here," Dream's tone was instantly calm, his anger clearly an act.

Y/n was very much not calm. Dream knew who he was? Part of him knew it was possible given he'd been present on several of Tommy's streams now, but he'd never genuinely considered it.

"Hi," he spoke, nerves flooding his body. He'd be sweating if his room wasn't so cold.

"I've been meaning to try to talk to you actually,"

He was cut off by Tommy yelling out some semi-word nonsense and he stopped.

"Ah yeah you wanted to do that then specifically Tommy?" He asked.

"Shhhh," Tommy said as if it was still a secret and as though y/n had no idea that anything was happening. "Don't talk about it."

"Talk about what?" Y/n asked with a smirk. He was genuinely curious though, and that only made them avoiding the subject more annoying.

"Yeah, talk about what?" A new voice chimed in, having just joined the call a moment before. Tubbo, completely oblivious to all that had just happened.

"About how Tommy's gonna ask o/n to be his girlfriend," Dream stated matter of factly.

"WHAT."

Y/n glanced over to Tommy's stream which was open on the side to see him deeply deeply confused.

"Oh wait I wasn't supposed to say-" Dream started wheezing, unable to continue holding the serious tone.

"Wait, really?!" Tubbo shouted. "Congratulations I think!"

"Oh god dream what have you done," Tommy muttered.

Y/n stayed quiet. He hoped they didn't notice. They didn't. They continued on with the bit for a couple minutes before leaving poor Tommy alone and moving on.

Y/n continued for a while so no one would suspect anything before ending his stream.

It was a joke. He didn't mind jokes. He wouldn't usually mind jokes. He really, really wouldn't have minded. That was, if they didn't genuinely see him as a girl. A harsh reminder of his current reality.

Getting constantly misgendered sucked.

Getting misgendered by family sucked.

Getting misgendered by thousands of strangers sucked more.

And getting misgendered by your heroes...

Well, that really really fucking sucked.

((To y'all agreeing with me on these last statements; If you need someone to talk to my dms are always open))