-5-

!! Warning, shark week!! It is one of the things which bothers me less, especially if I don't think too hard on it, but I know it's a major issue for a lot of people.

Y/N woke up in pain, tired, and covered in blood.

"Ugh," he got up and immediately went to take a shower, despite being half an hour late to class already when he woke up. Say what you will, but he refused to sit around in his own blood for an hour. There was only one class that day anyway because of his school's awful schedule so it was probably fine.

He left and went back to his room, already not in a great mood. He missed his class. Or so he thought until his mom came to tell him it had been cancelled altogether and that's why she hadn't checked if he was awake.

He sighed, leaning back and laying down. He turned onto his side immediately. He didn't want to have to clean... that.... kind of a mess up again.

He stared at the wall as thoughts flooded his head.

He decided to try and get his mind off of it. He scrolled mindlessly through YouTube and other various social media, trying to ignore the pain in his abdomen.

After a while he just got tired of it. He rolled over and curled in on himself, deciding to just sleep for a while.

He woke up to darkness. He smacked his bed until he felt his hand connect with the cold plastic of a phone. He winced at the sudden light before refocusing his eyes. As expected, an ungodly hour.

He sighed and got up, knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep. He might as well just stay up from there.

He wandered downstairs, putting together an atrocity of a snack in complete darkness, almost knocking over several things in the process, before moving back up the stairs.

He wondered what Tommy was doing. It was a reasonable time there, and the weekend, so he figured he might as well test it.

He opened discord and typed out a message.

A few minutes later he had somehow been looped into playing games together.

Y/n had to be careful to keep his voice low. At first it had been him whispering at Tommy, who was still at a normal speaking level. Maybe slightly above normal, but lower than his internet persona. Somehow, overtime it shifted to them whisper-yelling back and forth.

They had been messing around in a survival world, creating a small base, when Tommy called y/n over.

"O/n look at this stupid fucker. Pay your taxes bitch," Tommy whispered as he showed y/n a chicken which stood just slightly within the walls of their base.

Y/n had to take a moment.

"What the hell was that?" Tommy asked.

Y/n realized he had been nearly silently wheeze-laughing a little closer to his mic than he had thought.

"Pay your taxes," he muttered as he wheezed again.

"You too. Or face exile," Tommy stated.

"You can't do that!"

"Watch me bitch."

O/N has been slain by Tommyinnit

Y/n faked a gasp and left the game immediately. This was met with not an apology, not a plea for forgiveness, but absolute cackling.

Tommy's laughter rang through his head set and he scrambled to turn the volume down, having it higher than usual to accommodate whispering.

—-

A couple hours later they said their goodbyes. Y/n had to get off before his parents woke up after all.

Despite everything he found himself smiling. Maybe things were going to get better from here.