-7-

((This is not the original chapter 7, that one I unpublished and replaced to fix a mistake because 200+ comments of the same joke is a lot /lh))

((so that's why there are less reads and comments))

((The song is in memory of my mistake. Song has f slur, singer's bi tho))

It was a week later, and Y/n was staring wide eyed at his screen, the excitement not yet hitting him. He could barely even believe what was happening.

Before him was a fairly simple message, within which was included a code.

As soon as he shook off the shock he immediately opened his game and typed it in.

As the world loaded around him he opened discord and went into one of the voice chats to wait for Tommy. He knew he'd by joining any moment.

"AYYYYYYYYYYYY"

There he was.

"Tommy?!" y/n didn't even notice the way his leg was bouncing uncontrollably as he spoke. He found himself speechless.

He stared ahead before slowly moving his view around. He couldn't see it beyond the walls which spawn-trapped him, but he knew what was outside. The Dream SMP.

Within a few minutes he'd been released and was wandering. He'd run into Dream, who had offered him welcoming gifts, including a book he'd read later. He'd seen the houses, towers, the UFO, the messy wall in the distance.

The messy wall in the distance.

He started down the path towards where he knew the entrance would be before stepping in. There it was.

"I see you've found the drug van," Tommy laughed. "Hold on hold on, you'll need to speak to the president before you can enter."

Tommy added someone to the call.

"Tommy?" he asked groggily, and y/n remembered the time difference. It was an ungodly hour there. He almost wanted to laugh at Tommy's disregard of other's need to sleep.

"Wilby!" he shouted.

"What did you just call me?"

"I've brought a woman!"

"Did- did you call me-"

"It'd be good for our reputation, political correctness and all that," he said, refusing to acknowledge Wilbur.

Wilbur sighed.

"She can hear you by the way," Tommy said.

It didn't take long for y/n to be accepted in, with a compulsory speech of course.

"I'll trust that you will commit to our country? If Tommy trust you you're probably fine," he muttered.

"Wait you are joining, right o/n?" Tommy asked. It occurred to him that y/n never actually agreed to do so.

"And immediately betray the DreamSMP? Get off on the wrong foot with half of the server?" Y/n asked rhetorically. "Yeah, of course."

Tommy gave a cheer and Wilbur talked with them for a few minutes before leaving the call and going back to bed.

Tommy supplied him with a few materials, although none were good. He decided to go find his own things, as the rest of the server didn't know that he was involved yet.

Hours later and deep into a cave he found himself having to drop some things to make room in his inventory and he saw the book dream had given him. He'd forgotten to read it earlier. He clicked it and watched as it filled up the screen.

Skimming it over it was a basic welcome, a note about how Tommy's friends were much cooler than Tommy himself was, and a vaguely threatening ending which read similarly to "It is "L'manburg" or justice and peace. Those are the options, and I know you will make the right choice"

He threw the book into the lava, along with seeds, andesite, and a handful of other useless items.

He did not make the "right choice", and he didn't plan to. Even when Dream started whispering to him in the game, he didn't intend to change his choice or double cross anyone. Even though it would be kind of funny to see how Tommy reacted to that.

Tommy.

How long had they known each other now? It had been at least a few months. They were close enough in age, and compatible enough in personality, that it felt like less and more at the same time. Less because time really did fly when talking to him, but more because it felt like he had known Tommy for years sometimes.

It was weird looking back and remembering the way that he used to look up to Tommy. Not that he didn't now, but it was different. He was glad for it. Glad to have a friend like him.

He was happy to be on his side as the war came down in full swing. He fought alongside everyone else. Even though he knew he would never be represented as more than a background character, he didn't care. He was there.

He was there when Eret betrayed them. When Tommy traded away his discs. When Fundy and Niki fought the "Pet War".

He remembered the day he logged in to see church prime. The day he'd been there to witness the debates. The mild anxiety he'd felt as the elections drew nearer.

Whatever happened, he was on Tommy's side.

((Serious talk! This is not a Tommy x reader. Tommy is a minor and not cool with that kind of stuff. Anything which even suggests that is entirely a joke within the story))