-16-

((This song might not be relevant to the chapter in any way, but it's here))

((Oh god why do so many of my jokes only apply to some of you?? these divisions are confusing lmao))

((Do any of you -coincidentally or by choice- share a name with a mcyt? Or just a youtuber in general? Just curious))

((Warnings: honestly not much.))

For the next bit, everything was normal. Normal, but better.

A couple of times he had come to Wilbur, admitting that dysphoria was getting the best of him, and each time got nothing but supportive and comforting words in return. He felt a little bit bad putting the pressure of the secret onto his friend, but the constant reassurances that he had done nothing wrong and that it was ok to take his time with everybody were slowly lessening that fear.

And even if it was just one person, being gendered correctly sent him into euphoria every time.

Every message he got from Wilbur became a highlight of the day.

That in and of itself caused him some guilt though. He kept telling himself that he should be telling everyone. That only telling Wilbur was equal to being a bad friend.

As much as Wilbur told him that it wasn't his fault if he wasn't ready, and that he could take his time with things, the pressure felt like it was constantly building.

He wasn't ready, but he was going to burst if he didn't do it soon.

But first, he needed to tell his parents.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a new message.

Y/n, I need to speak with you about something serious

Wilbur.

Am I in trouble?

He tried to joke to lessen his nerves.

His phone buzzed with an incoming call.

He answered.

"No, you aren't in trouble, Y/n," Wilbur laughed.

"What's going on?" he asked, still slightly nervous but glad there was no real problem as far as he could tell.

"Just thought you should know... some of us are meeting up near Brighton. Just a few of us. So far it's," he paused, and y/n could hear paper shuffling. "Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy, and I. The Dream Team and Techno can't make it... and I've yet to ask Phil and Kristen, Skeppy, Bad, Niki, and Y/n."

"Wa- wh- Y/n?" he asked. Half of him was insisting that Wilbur must know two y/ns, and half of him was wondering if he had heard him right at all.

"Is there any chance you'd be able to make a plane to Brighton in three weeks time?"

Y/n could hear his excitement even without seeing him, and he could feel his own growing.

"I-" he remembered his parents and it faded out a bit. "I don't know."

"If you can tell me within two weeks, we can have it set up. Is that alright?"

((More alternatives. If you are not either very close to Brighton, or across seas from it, just skip))

Overseas from England:

"Yeah, I'll ask, but I'm not hopeful."

"I get why your parents might be hesitant to send their child over seas," he admitted. "But they could come with you if they felt the need. I'll buy your tickets."

Within a couple hours drive from Brighton:

"Yeah, I'll tell you if I can... but I don't know if I would need to take a plane. I'm not too far from you, I'd just need to find a ride."

"We'll pick you up if so."

((Aaaand either continue from your alternative to here, or skip alternatives all together))

"Thank you Wilbur, but I don't know yet. I promise I'll get back to you, but for now I don't think so."

"It's alright, Y/n. I'm sure everyone would love to meet you there, but no one will be mad if you can't."

Y/n might be mad if he wasn't allowed, but he wouldn't say that.

"Well... Except maybe Tommy," Wilbur joked.

"Except maybe Tommy," Y/n repeated.

"And of course if you can come, no pressure to tell anyone anything you don't want to. I can play along if needed," he reassured.

And he had been so far. In the gc he had never accidentally referred to y/n as y/n. He had used exclusively o/n and avoided pronouns as often as possible while being casual, but used she/her when he absolutely had to to avoid outing him.

And of course, every time he did so he also messaged Y/n to make sure he knew he hadn't forgotten and wasn't genuinely thinking of him that way. Even though y/n said it really wasn't that big of a deal, Wilbur still made sure to validate him every time and make up for the misgendering and although he wouldn't say it, to y/n that meant the world.

"I know. Thank you."

"Of course. It'd be shitty to do anything else," Wilbur said without hesitation.

Y/n loved Wilbur before actually knowing him, but now he could say with utmost certainty that, not to be dramatic, he'd die for him.

Once they'd hung up y/n knew he had to make a decision.

If he was going to ask, he would have to come out. Without doing that there was no chance he could get his parents to let him go. With the current understanding they had of "the situation" they weren't even letting him access the internet unsupervised.

((Fuck I didn't think through all of these divisions))

English Dwellers skip past the next line. Haha you don't get a part. Jk jk pls don't be mad, I love you, it's just not necessary. 

Everyone else: There was no way they would let him access another country unsupervised.

((Ok continue))

He would have to tell them and soon.

Buuuuut not yet.

He had two weeks. Two weeks to tell them, and to convince them that he: wasn't involved with creeps, he was responsible, and would be safe with these people.

Two weeks was enough time to figure this all out... right?