C H A P T E R 3

It took me, Xavier, and the rest of the warriors about twelve hours to reach the Dark Moon territory

It took me, Xavier, and the rest of the warriors about twelve hours to reach the Dark Moon territory. We stayed at a hotel a few miles away from Dark Moon and headed over to the pack land in the morning since it was too late to go now. After dinner, Xavier and I went to the balcony to talk about our plans for Dark Moon tomorrow. 

"Are you nervous about tomorrow Ana?" Xavier asked me.

I looked at him and then turned my head towards the bright moon. 

"Not really. Mostly excited to see my parents and friends. They must have been so worried when I left. 

''They will understand why you left," Xavier said to me. 

"I know but I should have called them in the past two years" I answered. 

"They can't be mad about that, your mate rejected you. You had to leave and not contact them in case your ex-mate's wolf took over and tried to find you" he said back.

I nodded and stood up from my chair on the balcony.

 "We should go to bed, we have a long day tomorrow," I said.

 Xavier laughed and said, "Can't wait for their expressions when they see the new you." 

I gave him my own chuckle and said "Don't I know it." 

After that, I headed to my room and thought about all the possible scenarios for tomorrow. The excitement of seeing my parents but also the bad thoughts about Axel. I wanted to show him that I didn't need him anymore but curiosity still won. I wondered if he had mated again and if he was married. I wondered if he had children while I was still alone and lonely. Call me selfish but I wanted him to be as miserable as me. Although I had found my new family that wouldn't give up anything for I was still sometimes reminded that in order for me to find my new family I had been rejected. It somehow angered me that while I was alone he had gotten his dream life.

When I was younger I had always dreamed of finding my mate and falling in love with him. I wanted to get married, have pups, and have the perfect life like my parents have. The day of my eighteenth birthday all my hopes and dreams had come crashing down with just a few words. Weak was what Axel had called me and even though I didn't want his words to bother me it was what helped achieve my goals. Still a part of me always wondered what would have happened if he hadn't rejected me that day . I might fall in love one day but I would never have the bond of a soulmate again in my life. With all my racing thoughts I quickly fell asleep awaiting the new day.

The next day we all piled into our cars and went to a breakfast bar before we went to Dark Moon. Surrounded by the warriors I re-informed them of the plan for our next two weeks in the pack.

"Meredith, Skylar, and Asher you will help the alpha and his warriors plan an attack on the rouges hunting Dark Moon. Ryker, Logan, Valerie, and Creed you guys are on training the warriors with the Midnight pack's basic training." I said to the warriors. 

"Xavier and I will partake in both the planning and training of the warriors."

They all replied to me by saying "Yes Beta Kade." 

"Ok. Let's go now, don't want to be late" I said to them. We paid the check and drove towards the Dark Moon Pack. Five minutes away from the pack my heart started racing at the thought of seeing everybody from my old pack. 

"You ok," Xavier asked me as he looked over from the driver's seat. I simply nodded at him without saying anything.

We drove onto the pack lands, parked, and filed out of our cars. 

Before I got out of the car I looked at Xavier and he gave me his signature smirk and said to me "Show them the new Analise Kade, the one that doesn't take shit from anyone, the one that became beta of one of the most powerful packs." 

I looked at him and gave him a wicked smile "Let's get this shit show on the road" I said.

We walked as a group to the main office towards the alpha's room. I looked around as we were walking and not much had changed while I was gone. Some of the parts around the pack have been renovated other than that my old pack looked almost the same. Although Xavier has reassured me that my parents would understand my sudden departure, deep down I was still worried about their reaction. I was always their little girl and I had left without giving them a face-to-face explanation of why I had left.

Once we reached the office I buried my feelings and put on my neutral face for my ex-mate and old pack mates. I gave myself a quick pep talk before we entered the room. Everyone in the office had stopped what they had been doing and my warriors moved to the side Xavier and I could enter the room. I looked straight forward and saw my ex-mate with a bewildered expression on his face. Taking advantage of his shock I let myself quickly study how he looked now. He still had his brunette hair but now it was cut short, unlike the boy-band cut he had in high school. Axel's face was still chiseled and a five-o'clock shadow had grown on his face. He still looked almost the same as two years ago but a bit older. Moving my attention from him I looked at the other people in the room. Axel's two best friends Jaxon and Maddox were now the beta and gamma of my old pack and Axel's dad, the old alpha Creed was also in the room all staring at me.

Axel finally snapped out of his shocked stare and slowly asked "Analise". 

I smirked and looked at him "The one and only."

Thank you for reading the third chapter of Darkened. See you in the next chapter.

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENT