C H A P T E R 52

1 year later

1 year later

It's been a year since the whole debacle with Sinclair. Sin has caused a lot of trouble, both he and Axel are getting into fights over who should be in power. The two egotistical bastards are making it hell for everyone in their pack to live peacefully. It is absolutely hilarious watching Sinclair live his life as a human. My beautiful Ana was right about this being a worse punishment than death.

As for her, I have been working with her on her new powers and getting them under control. She and I have come a long way in our relationship. With no additional problems in our way, we have spent the better half of our year bettering our kingdom and spending time together.

I moved the hair covering her face out of the way and was graced with a stunning face. Her eyes were closed as she slept soundly on my chest, snoring softly. I bent my head down to kiss her on her forehead while making circles with my thumb on her cheek. Her naked body was covered with a thin white sheet from our activities from the night before.

"Ari.." Ana muttered in her sleep.

That immediately put a smile on my face, knowing that my girl was thinking about me in her sleep. Analise needed all the sleep she could get, especially for our big day today.

"Te amo, regina mea" I whispered to her.

Ana moved around in my arms before coming on top of me and snuggling into the crook of my neck. I moved my eyes to the diamond on her finger, which always reminds me of the day I proposed to her.

"Ari, where are we going?" Ana asked me as I took her to the roof of our palace.

I put my hands under her knee and picked her up from the ground.

"It's a surprise, amare," I replied.

"You know I can fly by myself now?" she asked me.

"I know, but I love you in my arms," I said, giving her a wink.

Ana rolled her eyes at me before giving me a kiss on the cheek. I flew into the sky, taking the two of us towards our cloud.

Once we landed, Ana asked, "Why are we here, Ari?"

"Why do you want to be in our special cloud?" I teased her.

"Of course, I want to be here, silly. I was just wondering why we're up here?"

"To look at the stunning view of our kingdom."

Ana turned to look and said, "It is beautiful, isn't it?"

"Gorgeous," I replied, taking the ring box out of my pocket.

I got down on one knee as she turned around to say something, but the words got stuck in her throat as she gasped in surprise.

Tears flowed down her face as I said, "I've spent an eon alone with only three people by my side for some parts of the years. I waited for my mate for the first few centuries of my life, but gave up when I thought you were not there. It filled me with anger and hate at the fact that I had to live an eternal life, but now I'm grateful for that life because I will spend it with you. Forever's not enough time to be with you, my beautiful girl, so will you do me the honor of marrying me?"