C H A P T E R 40

Darkness exploded around us as Arius pinned Adonis to the wall with his power

Darkness exploded around us as Arius pinned Adonis to the wall with his power. Walking over to Adonis, Arius grabbed his face and made him look directly at him.

Arius laughed darkly before saying, "Well, well, if it isn't Sinclair's little puppet. Aren't you a little too far from your master?"

"Fuck you," Adonis groaned in pain.

"No, thank you. I've got a beautiful mate for that."

Adonis acknowledged my existence behind Arius, passing his crying sister.

He looked up at the tiara resting on my head when he finally said, "I guess a lot has changed in the past few months. The crown suits you, Ana."

Before I could reply, black smoke choked Adonis as Arius said, "Do not speak to her, you are not worthy of her time."

"So is Sin lurking around here?" Akoni asked.

Arius let go of his hold enough for Adonis to reply, "No, it's just me."

"Good enough for me. What do you say, Akoni, wanna have some fun with the mutt?" Arius asked, viciously.

"Ok course, brother."

"Enough, boys," I said, disrupting their cruel plans for Adonis "We still need him."

"What in god's hell would we need him for, amare?" Arius asked.

"Obviously he didn't stray far from home and into your laps for nothing, and I want to know what. So now please let him go, Ari," I replied.

"Ask him whatever you want, but I'm not letting him go," Arius said.

Pouting, I said "Please."

My mate looked at me and I could see his walls falling at the puppy-eyed look I gave him. Being stubborn, he nodded no.

Going over to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "I'll give you extra kisses if you let him go."

Arius's eyes lighted up before saying "Fine."

Arius's power disappeared, leaving Adonis on the floor gasping for air. Bending down, I offered my hand out to help him up. Once he stood up, I grabbed his throat and slammed him against the wall again.

"I've heard many stories about you from Allegra. How you stood there silently as your brother ridiculed your sister calling her a slut, worthless, and many more horrible words that couldn't even be close to who Allegra is. If you do anything to hurt her, I'll break you and then I'll pass you over to her mate for him to finish you off. Am I understood?" I said, quietly.

"Yes," Adonis croaked.

"Use your big boy voice, Adonis," I said.

"Yes," he said louder.

Letting go of his throat, I let him fall to the floor, but this time I didn't offer him a hand. Walking over to Allegra, I sat down on the floor and gave her a hug.