C H A P T E R 29

"Are you saying that I am going to lose my wolf?" I asked him

"No, your wolf will just become a beast instead. It will still have the same personality and everything, but you would just have the same shift as mine."

I looked at him for a few seconds before storming out of the room. I ran towards the forest as I heard him chasing me.

"Ana, Ana, wait, please!" he said, flying to catch up.

"Why didn't you tell me I couldn't turn into my wolf anymore. That's like losing half of me, I'm going to lose running in the forest."

Arius put his hands around me as he dragged me towards his chest.

"I'm sorry, amare" Arius said to me.

I burrowed my face into his chest, his presence calming me down. Arius said nothing to me as he tightened his grip around me, hugging me tighter. The beginning of my rejection, I mourned the thought of never being able to feel the comfort and safety of a mate. Although I don't think Axel would have brought me any of those. Arius may be some ultra powerful god but to me he was my mate, someone I am learning new things about and hopefully love one day.

From his chest I muttered, "My parents live in this pack, I was going to see them. Do you want to come?"

Arius looked down at me as I tilted my head up and replied, "Of course darling mate."

I gave him a small smile as he put his arms underneath my knees and carried me bridal style. I let out a small giggle as he flew into the sky and did a small twirl as he went up. I directed Arius towards the housing that they should stay at. Pack members were walking outside their houses as we flew down to the ground. They all stared at him as Arius put me to my feet, looking at me to lead us to their house. We walked up to the porch, and I rang the doorbell to wait for them to come out. Mom opened the door to see me and just stood there for a while before grabbing me into a hug.

"Ana, my love" she said as she dragged me into the house.

Dad came out of their bedroom to see what the noise was outside.

"Darling" he said as he gave me a hug as well.

Once I was done greeting them, I looked behind to see that Mom was just staring at my mate in awe. Arius was just looking at me and waiting for me to give him a cue.

"Why don't we sit in the dining room?" Dad suggested.

I nodded as the four of us took a seat at the table. Once Arius took his seat, he looked too big to be sitting there.

I laughed and said to him, "You look so uncomfortable."

"Yes, well humans are so tiny compared to me" he said, smirking.

I pouted as Arius said to me, "Don't worry amare, your tininess adds to your adorableness."

I rolled my eyes at him as I noticed my parents were staring at the two of us.