Chapter 31

~Rosaline's POV~

I scream out in pain as my father branded me with that stupid symbol. He kept me in position where I couldn't move a muscle. I just lied on the ground screaming in pain until he finally took the branding metal away. He started to say something, but the sizzling of my skin overpowered any words he said to me. I soon passed out from the undeniable pain that I am having. 

What felt like a few minutes later, I was woken up by my dear mother and father punching, kicking, scratching and anything else you could think of for hurting me. They put a lot more pressure on my branded arm making it that much worse. I don't know how long this lasted, but I did notice when it stopped. It was like a sudden force dragged my horrible parents away from me. I was afraid that there was someone worse than my parents to take me away from any chance of seeing Ryder again, as if he would take the time.

For the first few weeks I have been torturing myself thinking that Ryder could find me. After I spoke to him and passed out I regretted myself for having such little faith. Then after a month I finally gave up, but the red light that is still blinking is to say otherwise. For the next 2 months I kept on speaking to the blinking light saying to Ryder to just turn it off and move on. At night, I would have the thought of him just keeping the camera on for laughs, so I guess I thought to keep the show up. Day in and day out I have been talking to the camera and being used as a punching bag by everyone in the family, mostly my father though. 

Someone touched my branded arm and I felt the pain slowly slip away. I look up and see Ryder there. This can't be happening, he was suppose to be moving on. I can't believe he actually came. Does that mean . . .? I smiled on the inside at the thought that occurred in my head. I ask "Ryder? Is that you?"

Ryder looked into my eyes, smiled, and pecked me on the head. He picked me up with my legs around his waist and my arms wrapped around his neck. He spoke, "Yes, I am here and I am so sorry for not finding you sooner. The brand helped me finally discover where you were located. I missed you so much and I love you more than I could imagine. I am never letting you go again." It broke my heart at how sweet hearted he sounded. I just can't believe that he is here and that he found me. After all this time he still believed that he could find me, and he did. 

He climbed into the car and I didn't even try to move from him, I doubt that he would want me to move by the way he held me tighter than he even had before. I don't know how he drove with me in his lap, but we got to his hou-, no, we got home in little time and he ran us up to our room. He closed and locked the door. We sat on hi-, no our bed, and he dragged me down so I was lying on top of him. I'm so overwhelmed by the events that just took place. The biggest one though was that Ryder actually came for me. He really loves me. 

I smiled and spoke with the most confidence that I had in a long time, "I love you Ryder." I felt Ryder grow still underneath me and I just worried that he just changed his mind.

Before I could freak out more he rolled over while saying, "You have no idea how long I waited for you to say those words to me. I love you Rosa, so much." He then bite harshly onto my neck and I started to thrash around as the pain started to take over, but Ryder held me down with a force like no other. It seemed to last a life time, but in reality it lasted for only a few minutes. I felt tears run down my face as he pulled his teeth out of my neck. He looked at my face, but I couldn't look at his. It's not because I didn't want to it is because if I moved my neck towards the direction he bit me then I would face horrible pain. He looked frightened by my tear stricken face and began to kiss all over my face where the tears had fallen. He then says, "I didn't mean for it to hurt, but please forgive me for not wanting to go a day longer without having the mating mark on you. That would mean in a couple of days we will mate and you will give me the same mark back as you will become a werewolf as well."