Chapter 26

After we round the corner I see so many people that I almost froze in place. Instead of freezing though my eyes bulged and I quickly went back around the corner to hide only to see even more people trying to get into the kitchen. My eyes bulge even bigger as I start to head down the hallway away from everyone. I turn a few corners to see the front door in sight. I smile and start to walk a little faster until a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. My body froze in fear until I heard Ryder's voice whisper "You aren't getting away from me that quickly."

After I was able to calm down I asked "What am I suppose to do? I can't just go in there like I am apart of their life. They will instantly know I am a stranger and I can't even imagine what horrible things they could do to me by just not knowing me." Ryder turns me around and holds me closer to him.

"Trust me they would not dare try to hurt anyone that is associated with me without my permission. Now what you are going to do is walk hand-in-hand with me and I will announce that you are my mate."

I look up at him in horror. Before he could say anything I say "Wouldn't that ruin your life? I would just be an obstacle from now on. Once you announce that I am your mate then they would all just be cursing my existence."

Ryder's eyes flared with rage as he spoke "They wouldn't even dare and you aren't an obstacle. You are my angel that I have been waiting for. I love you with all my heart and wouldn't even think twice about ripping their throats out for bad mouthing you." I look at his eyes and I see truth. I sigh and nod my head in his silent question if I will go with him. He smiled and grabbed my hand while dragging me back towards the kitchen.

Right before we round the corner Ryder gave me a kiss on the cheek while wrapping his arm around my waist. Once we got through I saw 50 plus people grabbing drinks from the fridge, taking plates of food that were already set out and talking so loud I am amazed nobody was wearing a hearing aid. Ryder's mother along with 5 other women that were cooking large amounts of food. After Ryder and I walked everyone froze and stopped what they were doing. All the intense stares were scaring me a little. My eyes found the floor much more interesting than the faces of the people I am now going to have to live with. 

Ryder began to speak in a voice that I never heard him use with me before. He said "Okay since you obviously have your undivided attention I have a miniature announcement to make. This beautiful women standing next to me," Jeez is he trying to enflame my cheeks, "is my mate. You were all warned about bad mouthing each other and their mates. If anyone and I mean anyone dares to make a bad comment, says something mean behind our backs, or looks at her the wrong way I will hurt you in ways that it would seem like being a slave is a skip through a flower field. Do I make myself clear?"

They all shouted yes and went back to what they were doing, which I was very thankful for. I saw Ryder's mother give me a soft smile as she went back to cooking. Ryder dragged me with him to get some food. I looked at the plate and felt my face turn white. I would never be able to eat that much food. There were 10 strips of bacon in the middle of the plate, half the plate was eggs, the other half are hash browns and finally there is a side of toast and butter on top. I turn to Ryder and whisper in his ear "I can't eat all the food on that plate and I don't want to insult your mom and the women who cooked for everyone. What should I do?" He smiled softly and stare at his mom. It is a little creepy until she came to us with a less filled up plate full of food. There was only 2 strips of bacon, one fourth was eggs and the other fourth has harsh browns, and finally a piece of toast with butter. I knew that that is the standard breakfast, but I have only been have bits and pieces of food that at the end of the month it would end up to be a full meal, barely.

I look at Ryder with a smile as he smiled back. He grabbed us drinks then lead me to the living room where there were a couple of people roaming around. All the girls were in their own guys lap cuddled up to them. I had a strong feeling that the couples were mates. There was a small spot on the couch that was open. I looked at Ryder and noticed what I did. He walked to the couch and simply said "Can you guys move over a little for me and my mate?" They immediately moved so there was more space for me and Ryder. I swear if that was me asking then they would sneer at me, move to cover all the space available and tell me to fuck off. I am just a waste of space to them. Well, now I am a burden because they have to be nice to me.