Chapter 22

I stayed still for the first . . . I don't know how long, but when I did realize what happened I lightly pushed him away in my state of major confusion. I have no idea what the spark is about and I will admit I am a little frightened to find out. He looked at me surprised as if I am insane for pushing him away. I ask "What are you doing?"  He started to choke on his own spit and held onto a near by table. I tried to go help him, but he held up his hand for me to wait. 

After he finished choking he look at me amazed. Then he spoke "Do you seriously not know what this is? The sparks that you feel when we touch? Are you that clueless?" I don't know why, but that actually hurt my feelings a little. My eyes wondered to the floor as tears sting to come out of my eyes. I didn't look back at Dalton until I got out to the balcony. It wasn't that big yet it was enough for someone to stand on. It was really dark out and I could see the stars as they shined out. They sparkle so bright only reminding me of how dim my life has been.The moon shined the brightest out of everything in the sky, it is so beautiful, that it made me want to cry even more. I was tortured throughout my life and even when I got away from my parents I was still tortured with the fact that I would never have a normal childhood. 

I hugged myself as chilly air hits my already cold skin. I started to shiver, but forced myself to stop. I couldn't let anything show, either if it was being cold, sadness or anything. I have to lock those feeling up in front of everyone to make sure they can't see who I truly am. I can't hide it in front of Ryder because he has seem me in my worst state. I also can't hide in front of Rosa because she went through so much more than I couldn't even imagine going through. No matter what she thinks I know that she is someone who needs people in her life that cares about her. I know she thinks of herself as the lowest of the low, maybe even lower than that, yet I am going to make it my mission, along with Ryder, to make her feel more cared for. The other person that I couldn't possibly think of hiding from is my mate, whoever he is. I just wish I could find him. 

I couldn't control my shivering anymore and just let it take over me as the tears silently fall from my eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. The pain of my past will always come back to haunt me and with my mate no where in sight I will most likely take a few more years of me being alone until I, hopefully, find my mate.

I felt a fluffy blanket being wrapped around me along with long arms that held me to Dalton's chest. I become stiff for a minute before I reluctantly un-stiffened myself. Dalton put his chin on top of my head and said "I'm sorry. I guess I thought that my reaction would explain what is going on, but maybe you just haven't noticed it yet. We are mates and that's why I jumped on you so quickly. I was just so happy to finally have you as my mate. I guess the reason we haven't been able to realize it before is because we were never touching and looking at each other at the same time. With us we were either looking at each other or I was trying to drag you away from Ryder. By the way, what is up with that?"

I sigh and quietly speak "It's a long story that I rather not speak of right now. Please trust me that my obsession stopped a while ago. I'm sorry that I didn't figure this out sooner." He hugged me tighter until I felt like I couldn't breathe. 

I felt him smile against the back of my neck as he softly spoke "You know we are all alone in a hotel room. I have waited so long to find my mate and I so desperately want to mate with you right now. We are far enough to not alert anyone. So, my lovely mate, may I make love to you?'

I didn't say anything as I walked back into the room. Dalton was close behind me as I began to take off my clothes. I turned around as I found out that Dalton was struggling out of his pants. One leg was out which is what he was hopping around on as he struggled to get his pant leg and the rest of his boxers off. I couldn't help, but giggle as he fell onto the floor. 

He looked up at me and his eyes became dilated as he started to get horny. I looked down at the floor and as I did that my eyes accidentally looked him over and I saw him become painfully hard. Dalton ripped his pants and boxers off and marched over to me. He started to kiss me while walking over to the  bed. I fell back on the bed with Dalton on top of me. As we continue to kiss I realize that we are both completely naked. Our skin is moving together as if we were one and we weren't even connected yet. 

His lips were like velvet against mine. He moved my lips apart so that his tongue could enter to move with mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and bring his head closer to mine. I was too distracted by the kissing until an unimaginable pain incased me. I pushed him away and curled up as best as I could. Once I pushed him away Dalton was surprised, but immediately went back to hug me close to him.

I started to cry miserably at the pain. Dalton just brought me closer and asked softly "You really are a virgin aren't you?" I couldn't do anything except nod to the truth. Everyone thought I did though by the way I dress sometimes. I never thought I dress like a slut. You are only a slut if you dress in revealing clothing and use them to your advantage of any sexual favor. I am glad that I was able to lose my virginity to my one and only lover and mate, Dalton.

We waited longer until I felt myself start to loosen up a bit. We waited a little longer after that and Dalton began to move. I tensed up again, but Dalton didn't stop. All he did was move slowly so that I wouldn't be in anymore pain than I already was in. He gently cupped my face and says "I promise to not hurt you and the only way for you to get used to it is for me to continue moving. Please don't hate me." I looked at him shaking my head as if to say that I would never hate him.

I think he understood as he put us back into a passionate kiss. He continued to move until I let out my first moan. He disconnected our lips so he could look at me, but I just moved my hips so that they met his mid-thrust. He groaned as we continued to make sweet love. I know that there is a high chance of us having a child on the first try, but this is dalton we are talking about. I know him enough, even before I found out he was my mate, that he has been dreaming for his mate and would never abandon her to anyone of danger.

It was while until we reached our peak at the same time. Dalton intertwine our hands and kissed me as we both moaned and groan in ecstasy as we both released ourselves. Dalton carefully unattached ourselves as we both panted for breath. He brought me to him so that we are spooning. I felt him kiss my neck and spoke "I love you Nicole." I couldn't help, but smile and say it back replacing my name with his. 

I can't believe that just happened. I finally had my mate with me in forever happiness. I just hope that Rosa will be able to be as happy as I am when she realizes how amazing a mate is to have. I wonder how it's going with her?