Chapter Seven

"W𝐇𝐀𝐓 T𝐇𝐄 F𝐔𝐂𝐊 I𝐒 T𝐇𝐈𝐒?"

Yo roared from nearby. My eyes snapped open, seeing his murderously angry face staring down at me.

"Geez Yo, not so loud, you're gonna make my ears bleed! What's wrong?" I grumbled, sitting up. But as soon as I moved, I realized exactly what was wrong. I was still on the couch... with Kacchan. I was still on the couch with Kacchan. Oh crap!

I jumped up quickly and looked at Katsuki, who had his mouth hanging open in apparent shock. Okay Izuku, think fast. I needed to salvage the situation quickly!

"What the heck, Kacchan! Ugh! Did you actually have your hands on me?" I cried, pretending to pull away in horror.

"I... uh... don't... what the fuck?" Katsuki mumbled, clearly disoriented. Hopefully he'll be able to catch up and play along with me...

"What the hell were you doing with him, Izuku?" Yo growled angrily, jabbing his finger in Kacchan's direction.

I yawned, shaking my head as if I were confused too. "Oh... I must have fallen asleep, I guess."

"Fallen asleep? Well, what were you doing with him in the first place?" he snapped, scowling at Katsuki again before turning back to me.

Come on, think, Izuku, think! Um... Oh I got it—he'll have to accept this one!

"I had a bad dream..." I mumbled, looking at the floor and doing my best to push out anxious pheromones. I could feel Kacchan tensing up and about to soothe me when my brother gasped and stepped forward, wrapping his arms around me as he put his chin on the top of my head.

"Oh shit, Izuku. It's okay," he whispered, rocking me slightly.

I closed my eyes, hating that I was lying to him. "I was scared and I thought you were out here, but you weren't. Kacchan comforted me, that's all. We must have fallen asleep," I whispered. I just wasn't ready for him to know yet, especially after the way he was just looking at Kacchan.

"I'm sorry, I just thought... well, never mind," Yo muttered, pulling back to look at me. "You alright now?"

I nodded, biting my lip to try and ease some of the guilt I felt. He looked over at Katsuki. "Sorry, man, I jumped to conclusions. Er... thanks for taking care of my brother."

Kacchan shifted on his seat and glanced at me, still on the edge. I silently begged him with my eyes not to say anything. He shrugged, rubbing a hand through his messy bed hair. "Yeah, whatever. No big deal."

I quickly pulled away out of Yo's protective embrace. "I'm gonna go and get changed for school. What time is it anyway?" I asked, looking around on the floor for my phone as I wondered why the alarm hadn't gone off.

"It's not even six yet, Izuku. I woke up early."

"Uh, right, well then I'm going to go have some breakfast before I get in the shower. Uh... thanks, Kacchan, for last night," I said, blushing and giving him a small smile.

"It was definitely my pleasure, Deku." He winked at me, smirking knowingly.

Yo slapped him across the back of his head, making him wince. "Little brother!" he barked, rolling his eyes and stomping off towards the kitchen, leaving me and Kacchan on the couch.

Once Yo was gone, Kacchan looked at me. "I don't like having to lie to your brother," he whispered, frowning.

"I know, but it's just for a couple of weeks, Kacchan. Please?" I begged, kissing him quickly on his lips and turning to run off in the direction of the kitchen. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him, kissing me again before he gave me one of his satisfied smiles.