Chapter 10

Roslyn's POV

"Come on let's have breakfast." He held my hand and gave a little tug to which I tried to get it free but he held it tighter and gave me a warning look. "What did I say about obedience?" I decided that it was not the right time to vex the Italian crank. He lifted me in his arms and when I gave him a non-approving look he just shrugged it off. Jerk!!! He walked out of the room and we entered a long corridor which surprisingly had only two rooms; one from which we exited and one right across it.

"This room will be yours" he pointed towards the room across. He then marched towards the end of the corridor and there laid the stairs to downwards. As we came to the end of the stairs, a mouthwatering smell invaded my nose and my stomach groaned due to the lack of food. It didn't go unnoticed by him. He chuckled and we made way towards a huge see-through sliding door. It was the kitchen and trust me on that it was majestic; with an island table and stools. He made me sit on one of the stools and sat his butt next to mine. I almost let out a moan as the smell enticed me. There laid a selection of breads, jams, cookies, croissants and fruits. The maid took my plate and filled it with each of the food as Alexander filled up his own plate.

"cosa ti piacerebbe bere, re?" (What would you like to drink, king?) The maid asked while bowing with her hands folded on her stomach. That's extreme courtesy. Did he expect me to do the same? Do I want to do it? Hella no!!

"Un doppio espresso e un caffè Vienna per la mia signora e mando Matilda nel mio ufficio dopo aver finito la colazione. E dì a tutto lo staff di parlare Inglese perché la signora è ancora straniera all'italiano. inteso?" (A double espresso and a Vienna coffee for my lady and send Matilda in my office after I finish breakfast. And tell all the staff to speak English because the lady is still foreign to Italian. Understood?"

"Yes king." And she disappeared.

"It's rude to speak infront of someone who doesn't even know what you were conversing about." I snapped at him.

"Relax babe, no one will talk in a foreign language because you won't be able to understand. So I told her to converse in English so you can understand what we say." He said as a matter of fact as he munched on his croissant. I took a bite of my croissant and moaned at the taste. This is probably the best croissant I ever had. Man the cook must have magic hands. I saw Alexander stiffen and gave him a confused look. The maid came back with two cups. As she placed a cup in front of me I saw my heaven. It was a Vienna coffee with loads of whipped cream. It was my one and only favorite.

"How did you know that I loved this coffee?" I asked him.

He turned to me with a smirked plastered on his face making him 10 times hotter. Control Rose!

"There is a lot I know about you Tesoro." He said and asked me to finish up my breakfast. I should have known. He was a mafia and would have got all my information in a snap of his fingers. It seemed that my escape is going to be a little rough.

Right after breakfast, he carried me to another section of the mansion. I wonder how big it was. He must be very loaded as even the walls screamed money. We entered a rather professional room. It was white and grey in color. There was a table with files and a PC. It was an office. He made me sit on the sofa that was placed against the wall. There was a knock at the door and Alexander approved for the person to enter. A pretty little girl came into the room with the head bowed down and hands folded on her stomach. It seemed like all the staff were trained to do so. Well who wouldn't bow in front of the master of the house? Haha me of course!

"Rosa, this is Matilda, your personal maid. She will stay with you while am not around. She will show you around. And here are your crutches. You will be needing them until you are cured." He handed me the crutches and helped me to it.