The new friend

Hey everyone how's it going? I hope you're all ready for this next chapter! Also today is lilac167's birthday, so please wish the reader a happy birthday! Enjoy!

...

"... Are you 2 being serious?"

"I'm afraid so, my dear."

"So let me get this straight, Zuko had been banished 3 years ago because he refused to to fight his father and got burned. He can only go back home if he has the Avatar, but failed during the North Pole incident and was considered as traitors and failures. Right now you both are being hunted down by the Fire Nation psychopath princess, forcing to become refugees. Did I miss anything?"

"No, that sums about everything."

"... Your family is very much complicated, I feel very much sorry for you. Zuko, you're an idiot if you think that your father would love you."

Zuko glared while Iroh sweat dropped at her bluntness, and the blank look on her face told that she meant it. Iroh face palmed while Zuko sneered at her with anger.

"What do you know!? You weren't the one who got half your face burned by your father and got banished for being weak and a discrace!"

"No, I don't know what it's like, but I do know what real parent love feels like, but they don't last very long."

"... I don't understand."

"I'm saying that parents don't love you anymore once you grow older. Last week, my parents had found out about my sister's secret, and instead of accepting it, our parents took away our freedom. And do you know why?"

"... Why?"

"Because they don't want to know the real her. They were used to Toph being a helpless, blind girl, and trying to change me what they what they want me to become. Just like how Zuko's father doesn't want to know the real him. That's why we ran away from home. So please, what I said, just at least think about it."

Iroh looked at Zuko who frowned at the ground, and he could see that he was deep in thought. Sighing, Sakura took out a map and started walking with the 2 firebenders following her. Right now they are heading north east where they'll enter the desert and find a cabin to rest for awhile. Hopefully they'll find information where her baby sister and her friends is going.

"Sakura."

"Mh? Yes?"

"If you're going to tag along with us, you'll need to call us by our undercover name. Li and Mushi."

"Pfffft, Mushi? I don't think so, that's the best name you can up with?"

"Zuko, unfortunately, was the one who picked it."

"Well I'm going to change your name, because Mushi is a ridiculous name."

Zuko glared while Iroh beamed as he was happy to hear to get a new name. As they walked, Sakura was thinking really hard, and came up with five names from her old life. She smiled a little and began to speak.

"I've got five names in mind, and I'll letting you have the honour to choose General."

"My dear, I told you, you can call me uncle too. And what are the names?"

"Kakashi, Tanzuna, Sarotobi, Jiraiya and Teuchi."

"... Those are unusual names, but I like them! Mmmm, I think I'll go with... Kakashi."

"... Kakashi it is then."

Sakura smiled sadly, after her parents had died, Kakashi had always been a father to her, and her mentor, Tsunade, had been a mother to her. She wished that she had stayed alive long enough to tell them that, but it was way too late for it now. Zuko saw how sad she looked, there were even pain in those eyes, but said nothing, though he did have a pang feeling in his chest that kept nagging him to hug her. Iroh also saw the look and spoke up.