//Chapter 14//

intangible (adj.)
/ɪnˈtan(d)ʒɪb(ə)l/
1.
unable to be touched; not having physical presence.
"the moonlight made things seem intangible"
Synonyms: impalpable, untouchable, non-physical, incorporeal.

-

It was the day of the county show. Harper was riding Monty after Marcus' round; it was hard for Harper to think about riding. She had ridden other horses but her and Robin shared a special bond when they rode, something that she never had another horse.

Everyone rushed around the yard to collect last minute things, all the horses were already loaded, and Harper had given Marcus a hand with getting Monty ready that morning. She had put all the BrightField's uniform, apart from the jacket, on earlier that morning so she didn't have to change on the way there.

During the journey, Harper zoned out what the other girls were saying. She didn't intend to, but she missed most of what they said, she caught something about the jumping course. Earlier that week she was practicing it with Pin, they memorized it but didn't get much else done, they kept getting distracted.

Harper tried to insist that Pin should try out for the team next time, but Pin said that it wasn't his thing. Harper couldn't believe that he didn't think he was good enough to get onto the team, from what Harper had seen; he was one of the best riders in the yard.

They got to the county show with an hour before the first event started, they had plenty of time to check out the event and do a few of the activities before the show began.

But before Harper could walk after the other girls, her phone went off in her pocket. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw that Pin was calling, the goofy picture she took of him illuminated her phone screen, she smiled.

"Hey Pin, what's up?" Harper said as she leaned against the horse truck and gestured for Becky, Jade and Zoe to carry on walking.

"It's Robin!" Pin sounded like he had run around, his breathing was heavier than usual.

"What about him?" Harper's heart jumped into her throat.

"We've found him! He was wandering along the roads; they must have let him out." There was a slamming of a car door in the background, "we're bringing him to the county show for you."

Relief flooded through Harper's veins and made her head spin, "Is it really him?"

"Harper, you go on about him enough. I know for a fact it's him." Pin insisted; the car engine started in the background.

Harper rolled her eyes, "well he is the love of my life."

Pin scoffed, "should I be offended?"

"Obviously not," Harper couldn't help the smile that fought its way across her face, "will you make it on time?"

The signal began to falter, "I'm sure we will. I'll see you there, Robin's all tacked up and ready to go."

"Thank you, Pin." Harper said before the signal cut out their call.

Harper waited anxiously for Pin to arrive with Robin, she fiddled with her phone while she leaned against the horse truck. Her legs were shaking but she couldn't bring herself to sit down, her heart pounded anxiously in her chest.

"Harper!" She heard a voice call out to her, she turned around and saw Pin and Ted. Ted was leading Robin by his reins.

All the air rushed out of Harper's lungs as she rushed forwards to Robin, Ted handed her his reins and stepped back from the two of them.

"Hey boy." Harper gently cooed, Robin rubbed his face against her hand gently, "miss me?"

Harper turned to face Pin; he was stood there with a soft smile on his face. Harper brought Robin's reins over his head and rushed forwards to wrap Pin into a hug.