//Chapter 3//

Elysian; (adj)
/ɪˈlɪzɪən/
1.
relating to or characteristic of heaven or paradise.
"elysian visions"
synonyms: heavenly, paradisal, paradisiacal, celestial, empyrean, superlunary, divine

-

The thought that she might meet the brown-haired boy again hadn't crossed her mind. Harper was unsure if he recognized her, last time they interacted Harper looked completely different and acted the opposite of how she usually would. Harper looked away from the boy's eyes and turned towards Sam.

"That was brilliant, you definitely should try out for the county show team!" Sam smiled up to Harper, "can you check the board by the office for chores? Everyone has to do their part."

"Thank you for the lesson Sam." Harper smiled and dismounted from Robin. She led him toward the gate, Jade and Becky joined Harper at her side. The three of them made light chatter as they walked back towards the yard.

"I'm telling you Jade! Ghost pony is real." Becky said firmly to Jade who raised her eyebrow at her.

"What's ghost pony?" Harper asked Becky as she led Robin inside of his stall. After Becky explained to her, and after an eye-roll from Jade, the two of them went back to their chores.

Harper brushed Robin down and took his tack off. Throughout the fifteen minutes she was doing this many people came to introduce themselves. Apart from the rude girl that Harper met earlier, she thought they were all very nice. Harper slung the bridle over her shoulder and hoisted the saddle into her arms and headed towards the tack-room.

She walked into the tack room and placed her tack back onto the hooks and made sure that the saddle pad wasn't folded anywhere. She shoved her hat and gloves into her locker and took out her phone. After a moment of thinking, she decided to keep the green hoodie tied around her waist as the temperature was slowly increasing.

Once she was done, she walked back over to the door went to pull it open. She pulled on the door, but it didn't move. Harper let out a chuckle and pulled on the door again, only for it to not move.

Harper pulled on the door harder. Then she realized it probably wasn't going to move, "Hello? I'm stuck in here!" Harper said loudly, hoping that someone could actually hear her.

"Ah! Hang on!" A muffled voice came through the door, the door handle started to jiggle slightly.

"Before I die of old age please." Harper said sarcastically, the temperature in the tack-room was very slowly rising and she didn't want to be stuck in there for much longer.

"You're very impatient." The voice behind the door sounded very amused.

"Amazingly I have things to do." Harper rolled her eyes, even though the person couldn't see.

"Alright, alright" The door finally swung open and a boy with his hair in a quiff and very nice eyes was stood with a screwdriver.

"Thank you!" Harper gave him a thumbs up before she walked past him. When she glanced to where some girls were stood, they stared at Marcus like he was the new bread and butter.

"I'm Marcus!" He called after Harper.

"Harper." She shouted back to him with a smile and ambled towards the office to see what she had to do around the yard. Harper looked down the list until she found her name and saw that she had to muck out the horses that the stables owned. Owners of their own horses had to take care of their own horse.

She hummed to herself as she walked around to where they kept the wheelbarrows and set off to work. Harper wheeled over to a stable with the name 'Major' written on it. She opened the door and moved the wheelbarrow in.