//Chapter 4//

Dainty (adj.)
/ˈdeɪnti/
1.
Delicately small and pretty.
"a dainty lace handkerchief"
Synonyms: fastidious, fussy, finicky, finical.

-

After Harper had a shower once she got home, she decided to try and conquer the rest of the boxes in her room. Harper had pulled on a big black hoodie with her black leggings on for comfort. She put all her makeup and jewellery into her dresser and finished putting her clothes into the drawers and wardrobe.

To let a little bit of air into her room, Harper opened one of her windows. When she looked down, it led into a little side garden and there was a ledge. From what she could think of, it was the concrete storage unit attached to the house. It would most definitely hold her weight.

Harper's attention shifted to finishing off the boxes. She selected a box at random and ripped it open. Inside was a variety of books, they ranged from horse books about anatomy to fantasy books. Harper moved them all into her bookshelf next to her door with care, she loved to read books, her favourite type of books were, of course, horse related.

Suddenly, her room looked very barren of decorations. She decided to decorate her room similar to how she had it back on the mainland. Harper took a lot of photos of her friends, Robin and loads of other things. She had a small photograph printer so she can print her most precious memories. Harper unfurled the fairy lights with clips on them, she put the photos on the lights and strung them up above her bed.

A few more decorations later, like picture frames and posters, her room finally looked lived in. As Harper sorted through her mess of chargers, she heard her dad shout up the stairs to her.

"I will be back around 11pm, stay at home!" The sternness bled through her father's tone.

"Where are you going?" Harper was very irritated; she hardly saw her dad anymore and he didn't seem to be making an effort.

"Out with work friends." Her dad said, followed quickly followed by the slam of the door.

Harper walked over to her window and watched her dad's car pull out of their driveway, she waited for a couple more minutes before she decided on a plan; just to spite him, she decided to go out. She grabbed her key, but left her phone, before she walked down the stairs quickly, she pulled her riding boots on before she walked out the front door. After a double check that the door was locked, she turned and walked down the path. The sun was on the verge of setting and the clouds had started to part for its colours.

She walked along the lane next to an open field that led to rest of the island. When she heard a whinny, she looked over to see Pin mounted on his chestnut horse.

"Pin!" Harper shouted out to Pin, no response. Harper jumped another fence before she shouted again, that time it caught his attention

"What are you doing?" Pin looked down at Harper, "thought you went home."

"Eh, dad went out and I'm not staying cooped up inside for too long. Wanted to go for a walk." Harper explained.

"Go grab your hat, I'll give you a mini-trail tour." Pin spoke to her gently, a slight smile pulling at his lips.

The two of them started to walk towards the stables, Harper hadn't thought about taking her hat home with her.

"Should I tack up Robin?" Harper asked when the two of them turned into the closing stables.

Pin shook his head where he was stood with his horse, Elvis, "you can ride with me, just get your hat."

Harper quickly got her hat from her locker and returned out to where Pin was waiting. She pulled it on quickly after she tied her hair back.