//Chapter 10//

Refined; (adj.)
/rɪˈfʌɪnd/
1.
with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing.
"Refined sugar."
Synonyms: purified, pure, clear

-

Harper had dark purple and bruses that covered her stomach and the doctor told her to take it easy over the next couple of days as a couple of her ribs had been bruised and cracked slightly by the thief.

When Harper turned the corner to the yard, a lot later than usual, she saw Zoe and Jade around Bob.

"Morning guys!" Harper smiled at them and she stood next to them.

The heat was intense that day, Harper knew that it wouldn't last for long as no good weather ever lasted long in England. To try and lessen the heat Harper only threw on a green shirt with her grey leggings.

In the distance there was something that rumbled and revved, "what's that noise?"

Zoe laughed, "Ben's made friends with some people who have quad bikes. It's driving Becky up the wall, literally."

"Did you see?" Jade asked, "Elliot has got cameras all over the place."

Harper looked up and she saw all the camera's around the yard, if someone breathed, it would be on camera.

Harper looked at all the cameras, "that must have cost him a pretty penny."

"Oh no, nothings too expensive for my little girl." Jade impersonated Elliot, "my money is what keeps this yard going and Sam quivers with fear at my every--"

Harper had looked up and saw that Sam was walking towards them, "Hi Sam!" Harper quickly cut Jade's impression off.

Jade stood there awkwardly, she feared that Sam had heard. The four of them talked about the barn dance and county show try outs.

Sam went to walk away but turned back around, "Harper, your try out is in half an hour, you're riding after Susie, will you be up for it?"

Harper smiled at Sam's concern, "don't worry, I should be fine. My ribs are feeling a lot better than they were." Harper had tied bandages around her torso to try and prevent her ribs from hurting further.

"Alright, just don't push yourself too hard!" Sam turned to Jade, "and for the record I never quiver in fear in front of anyone."

Jade shrieked and covered her face with her hands. Zoe and Harper just giggled.

"Nice one Jade." Harper remarked before she bid goodbye to the two of them, "I need to go grab Robin from the field."

Harper went into the tack room and grabbed a head collar, she walked down to the paddock. Robin grazed with his tail moving lazily, his ears flickered backwards and forwards.

Harper brought her fingers to her lips and whistled, Robin's head shot up and he galloped towards her. She let a laugh escape her as Robin slowed and nudged her with his head, she slipped the head collar on and led him out of the field.

Harper brought Robin out to the main part of the yard, she ran into the tack room to grab Robin's tack and her hat. Harper frowned when she saw that her gloves needed to be replaced, there was a hole in the tip of the index finger of her glove.

Harper used the bucket of brushes that Jade left there to brush the dirt off of Robin, after she'd finished, she tacked Robin up. Harper made a mental note to also buy a new saddle pad as hers were getting rather mangled after extensive use.

Susie walked back into the main yard just before Harper put her hat on, "Harper! You're up now! Oh and, Good luck." Susie seemed sweet to Harper; she was just influenced by Mia.