//Chapter 9//

Aerial; (adj.)
/ˈɛːrɪəl/
1.
existing, happening, or operating in the air.
"an aerial battle."

-

When Harper arrived at the stables Becky and Jade were on their way out.

"What's going on?" Harper asked, confused.

Becky and Jade gave her the rundown version of what had just happened, they told her about the thieves possibly coming back to steal Raven.

"Do you want to come meet Zoe at the cafe with us?" Jade asked, she didn't want to leave Harper out of it.

Harper nodded, "hell yeah. What time do we have to be there?"

Becky checked her watch before she frowned, "we have to be there in ten minutes, that's when we have to meet and when my shift starts! The cafe is fifteen away on foot!"

"We can bike there! Only problem is..." Jade hesitated before she continued, "we've only got two bikes between the three of us, we're never going to get there in time!" Jade complained as she stood by her light blue bike.

"Give me like three minutes." Harper told them before she ran down the road toward her house, she opened the front door quickly and grabbed her bike. While she was heading back down to the stables her, very, oversized black and white plaid shirt bellowed behind her. Harper threw on the plaid shirt as an extra layer, she had a white shirt on underneath.

Harper got back to the stables quickly, "Jade! Becky! Let's go!" she shouted over to them.

The three of them biked as fast as they could. Luckily, they made it in time for Becky's shift. Soon after the three girls arrived, Becky disappeared behind the counter to get started with her shift.

Jade, Zoe, and Harper sat down at one of the tables, they saw that Mia, Marcus and Susie were sat at a table near to them. Jade and Harper ordered some drinks from the cafe as Zoe hadn't arrived yet. When Zoe arrived, the girls saw in surprise that Rosie was with her, however, Rosie left them to go sit with Mia and Marcus, the group was only a tiny bit offended.

"Looks like Mia's holiday project is going well." Jade glanced over to Marcus and Mia while fiddling with a riding crop she found. Mia was fiddling with Marcus's hair, which the group stifled their giggles about.

The point of Jade's statement flew over Becky's head, "good for her, my Bob tapestry is hopelessly behind schedule."

"No," Jade explained, "I meant her trying to get back with Marcus."

Harper took a sip of her chocolate milkshake before she started to talk, "I didn't even know they were a thing. It honestly seems like she's just trying to get with him, full stop."

Becky sat down with the group quickly, "if Marcus was my boyfriend, I would just stare at him all day." Becky made a deliberate show of staring at Marcus, at least, Harper thought it was deliberate.

"They'll be back together before the end of the summer, guaranteed." Jade said.

"Do you really think so? Marcus is sweet but he's pretty oblivious." Harper started but cut herself off when she saw that Marcus was walking towards the group.

"Becky, Jade, Harper. Hi Zoe." Marcus greeted them before he sat down in the spare seat, "these are for the county show, could you pop some behind the counter for me Becks?" Marcus held out a wad of flyers for the county show.

When Harper looked towards Becky for her reaction, she saw that she was just watching Marcus, probably in awe that he called her "Becks."

After a moment between Zoe and Marcus that Jade ruined pretty quickly with science, Mia called Marcus back to her table.