//Chapter 12//

Ghostly; (adj.)
/ˈɡəʊs(t)li/
1.
of or like a ghost in appearance or sound; eerie and unnatural.
"a frightening, ghostly figure with a hood."
Synonyms: spectral, phantom, other-wordly.

-

The four girls were congregated in the tack room, they searched through boxes to find Zoe a dress to wear to pony prom. Most of the dresses were hideous, laughter filled the room and conversation flowed easily between the girls.

Harper had tried to accept that Pin basically wanted nothing to do with her, she tried to talk to him several times, but he walked away.

Harper picked up a horrible dress and held it up to Zoe's body, "Personally, I think the nineteen hundred look is good on you."

Zoe raised her eyebrows, "You think you're so funny."

Eventually, the girls found a dress that Zoe approved of. They threw all the reject dresses back into the boxes and stuffed them back where they found them.

After the tack room had been cleared, the girls walked out and decided to get down to their chores. The sky was cloudy, and the sun barely peaked through the clouds, there was a forecast of rain, but Sam had crossed her fingers that it wouldn't mess up the barn dance that she had worked so hard on. Everyone in the yard knew how extensive the paper work was.

The temperature decreased further, this caused Harper to pull her yellow hoodie over her head in an attempt to warm herself up. While her chores warmed her considerably, she still felt the cold between her fingers as it nipped at her cheeks, which filled them with colour.

Harper decided that it was a long over-due time for her and Robin to have a canter without a saddle. It was the way she was trained to ride after all, with no saddle and just a halter for a bridle. This was so she didn't have any dependence on tack.

She settled on going through the woods, the beach was too risky with the weather. The wind could be strong, and rain could set in at any moment, Harper deemed that the woods were better as they were closer, and she knew her way around well.

Harper smiled over the stable door at Robin as she unlatched the door and brought the brushes into his stable. As she got to work with getting him ready, she lost awareness of her surroundings and just focused on her horse.

"How does riding without a saddle sound?" Harper asked Robin after she had brushed him to practically perfection. In the form of a reply, Robin whinnied and nudged her with his nose.

Harper chuckled to herself as she took the brushes out of his stable. She closed the box that held them and took them to the track room. She exchanged the brushes for Robin's bridle, after she made sure that her brushes were where she usually put them. On a second thought, she grabbed a backpack just in case and put a water bottle, a snack bar and some pain killers in. Her ribs still hurt occasionally and luckily she didn't have to wear the bandages anymore.

She checked she had everything she needed before she left the tack room. It was a rule that if you were going somewhere without a saddle or even doing something even remotely risky, you had to inform Sam.

Harper looked around the stables for Sam when she saw the stable owner walking towards the arena, "oh! Sam!"

Sam turned at the sound of her name, she smiled brightly when she saw Harper walking toward her, "hi Harper, what can I do for you?"

"I'm going into the woods with Robin," Harper smiled sheepishly, "It's okay if I go bareback right?"

Sam's eyebrows rose in question.