Chapter 30 - "Don't punch me."

"Cannonball!" Tommy and Drew cried out in unison.

They jumped off the dock and hit the water at the same time, multiplying the size of their splash. Squeals rang out as water soaked the dock, and the girls sunbathing.

"Drew! Tommy!" Amanda shouted angrily.

She roughly picked up her towel and moved up the dock. The rest of the girls followed her lead. All of the guys followed Drew and Tommy into the water, trying to make their splash reach further than the rest.

"This is pathetic," Jaxon said.

He stood further up the dock with Kit and Edison, watching the guys jump with a disapproving look. He waited until everyone was in the water before he sauntered towards the water. He paused a few steps from the edge and turned back to his audience. He made a few sweeping bows, as if he were competing, and the girls cheered.

He turned back to the water and took the last few steps quickly before he jumped. Water splashed everywhere, even reaching as far as some of the girls. But they didn't seem to mind as they whooped and cheered for Jaxon.

Kit was preparing to follow his act when Edison wrapped his arms around her and started carrying her towards the water. She shouted in surprise, and barely had enough time to shut her mouth before they hit the water.

"Edison Reigns!" she yelled when they broke the surface.

She swam for the dock and pulled herself out. He followed her and rested his arms on the dock's edge.

"Did I ruin your hair?" he teased.

She glared at him and shook her head. He swiped at her legs, trying to pull her back in, but she stepped back.

"Edison, stop it. You're ruining my jump" she hissed.

He laughed. She bit back a smile and stood straight. She raised her arms and nodded to an imaginary crowd. She took two quick steps and front flipped into the water.

"Poor form!" Jaxon yelled when she popped up.

He was already back up on the dock. He bowed, then flipped in the air and hit the water in a dive, looking as graceful as an Olympic diver. The girl's cheered and shouted, "a perfect 10", when he resurfaced. Kit rolled her eyes.

"I'll show you how its really done," Drew boasted. He scrambled out of the water and whistled for the girl's attention. "Ladies!" he said.

He bowed and back-flipped into the water. When he came up, everyone looked at the girl's to see what score he got. They cheered but gave him eights and nines. Jaxon hooted victoriously.

The rest of the guys quickly climbed up on the dock, each taking a sweeping bow and reveling in the cheers from the girls before they jumped. Everyone did, except Edison. He seemed uninterested in the whole competition as he swam lazy circles around Kit.

"When are we going to see the amazing Edison Reigns do a flip?" Kit asked, slowly turning in the opposite direction.

He scoffed. "This is child's play."

She chuckled. "And far too easy for someone of your high caliber of jumping?" she guessed.

"Precisely," he said.

She watched as Jaxon attempted a double flip, but didn't quiet complete both flips before he hit the water. His landing sounded painful, but he still came up looking bored and superior. She turned to Edison.

"Do you think you could do better?" A scoff was the only answer he gave.

"Prove it," she said. He started to make his argument, but she swam away. "This dock might be too childish for you, but what about the cliff?" she called back. "Last one there is the rotten egg."