Chapter 7 - Goals 2.0

Something shifted between me and Zack after that day. He didn't demand for anything else from me since that last mission. At least not yet. He was just... bonding, with me, I guess? And the worst part is, I think I've started to naturally fall for it.

It was another plain evening when I was startled by a car's honk as I walked down the road on the way back from a class. I looked at the slow car with an annoyed face. The windows moved down, revealing Zack.

"Care to join me?" He invited.

"Nah I'm good." I said with a tight-lipped smile.

"Oh c'mon."

I looked around worrying if there were vehicles that was bothered by his super slow driving as he followed my pace. Eventually, I gave up.

"Fine."

He stopped the car by the road as I moved to get in. To my surprise, I no more felt uncomfortable or awkward to be in that close space with him. And I honestly didn't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Have you taken your lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

He nodded and started driving. I let him focused. That is, until he passed my college without stopping.

I gapped, brows creased, my index finger pointing to the building. "Hey that's -"

"I'm not taking you to your room. I'm taking you elsewhere." He cut me.

I squinted my eyes. "I can charge you for kidnapping me, you know?"

He chuckled.

Damn that's cute.

Okay what the hell, Rae. My brain vs heart dilemma as usual.

I faced back to the front with a frown face. From the corner of my eyes, Zack glanced at me.

"Don't make that face. It's you who chose the place, not me." he said.

Then I got it.

"And why do you care about my 'goals', Mr.?" I raised a brow.

I had these personal goals written in my laptop about things I'd like to do before graduated from this uni. That quiet road and this place we're going? They're a part of it. Nobody knew though. Well, nobody but him now.

He just gave a quick glance with a half-smile but not answering. We stayed quiet until the car reached the isolated, serene part of the uni. No building in sight. There were just trees and a lot of trees.

It was the uni's private forest.

Legally, we're allowed to go there. But it wasn't often for students to come. Many preferred the outside city. I only went here once and that was during orientation days. New students weren't walked deep inside the forest to see the water. Perhaps to avoid issue of newbies getting lost or something. That's why it became one of my goals.

Zack stopped the car. "Do you wanna rest here first or go straight to the river?" He asked.

"I've rested enough during the journey. We can walk now." I answered.

He gave a flat smile before we both got out of the car almost simultaneously. Zack led the way as I didn't know the track. Honestly, I didn't even know where my rationality goes as I followed the guy who's threatened me into the forest.

After like 5 minutes, the sound of the flowing river was heard. We went a few steps deeper before I could finally see it. My lips automatically curved into a smile. I went to its side and felt the water.