Chapter 11 - Crush

I woke up by the sound of an alarm clock. Opening my eyes, I stretched myself and put it off. It was 6 am. The first thing I remember was Zack's words from last night. What a nice 5 seconds dream. I shook my head at the thought of it being a reality. Like hell he would be grateful for meeting me. All I did since we knew each other was annoy him.

Done performing my subuh prayer, I walked out of the room to the living room. It was dark, so I switched on a few lights. The shelves and drawers were gone. The remote, however, was still on the table. I took it and pushed a button which I hoped would expose the bookshelves, but it opened another wall that led to another room.

How many hidden things does this place have? I wondered.

My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take a look inside. Surprisingly, it's full of wires and technology equipment. The walls were blue but most of the stuff were white. It kind of gave this vibe of conflicted contradiction. Just like its owner, I thought as my eyes darted to someone in front of the computer. On the chair, was a sleeping Zack.

I wanted to discover more but figured that this was most likely where he did his 'jobs', I might mess something up. And that's the last thing I wanted to do. Walking out, I pushed the button again to close the room. Fortunately, the next button was the right one.

I spent the next hour by reading books and lost in different worlds. The outside was getting brighter. It's probably already 7 or so. I'd just done reading a book and wanted to put it back when suddenly, a female voice was heard from the other side of the room. I was startled. The voice didn't form a word, though, only a small whine.

I heard steps from one direction and automatically turned that way. A hella sexy woman came out from the area of the place that looked like a hallway which I guessed consisted Cal's and her sister's rooms. She's holding her head, eyes shut and hand searching for wall to guide her. I was too stunned to do anything. The woman didn't seem to notice me and just continued to walk out. Once the front door's closed, I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"One night stand."

The book in my hand fell out of surprise. It was Zack. I picked it up and turned to face him.

"That's what they call it." He continued with a smirk.

"For the record, Mr, I never asked." I replied. "And when the hell did you come out?" I furrowed my brows. He had even changed into new clothes.

"The moment you're busy staring at her. Tell me, Rae, are you really straight?" The fact that he asked that question so genuinely kind of pissed me off.

"I am, thank you very much. And before you request anything stupid let me make it clear that I don't need to prove anything to you." I turned towards the shelf and kept the book.

He seemed amused. I ignored his presence and searched for another book to read.

"Why didn't you change?" He voiced out again.

Sitting on the sofa, I looked at the curtains covering the huge window. "Sure, that would seem nice on me." I pretended to be considering.

"Right... You don't bring anything."

"Nobody told me we're going to stay the night."

"In my defense, it wasn't my plan. Cal came back when I was about to wake you up and he insisted that we stayed here." He made the surrender pose. "Besides, you looked too peaceful to be waken up." He muttered.

I squinted my eyes. "You're not the one who brought me to the bedroom, were you?"

He shook his head. "No, it was Stella." He didn't explain any further despite knowing I didn't know any Stella.