Chapter 9 - Accidentally

I walked out of the changing room with 3 dresses in hand. It was weekend and I was in the mood to shop alone at the mall not very far away from the uni. Hers became my choice to check out new style as it only sold ladies' clothes, so there weren't many men here.

Still unsure of which dress to buy, I walked back to where I took them, thinking and considering. Eventually, I chose the simple one in black with beautiful pattern.

The cashier had handed me the bag of clothes when her eyes moved to someone behind me. Adoration was quite visible from her face.

I turned around.

"Hey." Edward said with that attractive smile of his.

"Hi." I was trying to sound as casual as I could. My heart had beat fast at this unexpected encounter, but I didn't let it show. "What are you doing here?" I asked, regarding to the female only clothes shop.

He looked like he just realized it. "Oh, I was just walking around the mall when I saw you here. Guess you're so rushed to pay you didn't notice my text?"

I furrowed my brows. "What tex-" My line was cut when I didn't feel the phone in my blouse's pocket. Then I remembered I took it out while in the changing room. "One second." I said to Ed before hurrying back to the room.

Fortunately, it's still there. Unfortunately, I got 5 missed calls from Zack.

Great. Have I told you that the room was soundproof? No? Well it was.

My caller ringtone blasted again. I quickly picked it up.

"Where the fuck are you?" Zack didn't raise his voice but he did sound mad.

"I left the phone in t-"

"Why, are you so careless?" He deepened his voice making me affected by his aura. It's intimidating.

I was silenced. Panic took over my mind as I saw a shadow outside the room - probably Ed's. Without thinking much, I hung up the call.

Just pray to God he won't kill me for hanging up on him.

I walked out of the room with the phone in hand. Ed welcomed me still with his smile. "Someone called?" He asked.

"Uh yeah... It was my groupmate." I stuttered a bit.

Ed nodded. He then glanced outside of the shop before requesting. "Will you accompany me for lunch?"

I smiled. "Sure."

We walked to a restaurant nearby. There weren't many people there. Done placing our orders, Ed started the conversation.

"It is a midsem holiday, right?"

I nodded with a hum.

"You don't go back to hometown?"

"No, got assignments to do."

He chuckled lightly. "Obviously." He said. "They even had to disturb you while shopping."

I let out a small laugh, trying so hard not to make it sounded awkward. "Yeah they wanna make a group discussion asap. Some of them are back in hometowns but guess we can use skype or something." I lied very smoothly.

"I see... Well thanks to nowadays technology, you can do almost everything easily." He responded.

"Almost everything." I gave a small nod with the fake smile plastered on my lips. "And I'm not sure whether to feel grateful or terrified by that." I spoke too honestly.

He shook his head. "Don't be terrified."

His tone was almost like persuading. But before I could think much, the waiter came with our drinks, made us paused our conversation. Thanking him, we then stayed silent for a few seconds before opening a new topic.