Chapter 12 - "Adventure"

"Will you spare one night from your holiday for me?" Zack sent. It was semester break but I was staying back.

My brows furrowed. "You sound like a gentleman asks me for a date... It's weird."

"31st specifically," He set, not affected by my honesty. "Will you or will you not?"

I sighed. "I have assignments, Zack."

"And mine is one of them."

I groaned. "Fine." I gave up. "What's it for?"

"Just some adventure." He answered vaguely.

I took time contemplating the offer. Night and adventure do sound perfect. But both of them combined with Zack? I wasn't sure if that's still perfect. Especially if it included Ed too which would only be worse.

"Let me be honest - I need to talk about what happened that day. That simple carelessness could cause a trouble for us."

My brows furrowed. "What trouble?" I sent.

"Come with me that night, and I'll explain."

Damn he really knows how to make me curious.

I started to question myself if I'd already trust him.

For the past few weeks, we'd been out to places together. Clearly he could've harmed me if he wanted to, but he didn't. Instead he took them as chances to be more open to me. To be more raw and real.

He's still the one who got you into this mess though.

I shook off the thoughts. "I'm in." I decided.

**

Zack stopped the car in front of the tallest building in the uni. This building contained confidential things, so any student was prohibited to go inside.

"You can't be serious." I said.

He just smirked.

"I don't remember jotting down like the tallest building in the goal list." I defensed.

He shrugged. "Where's the fun in that?"

I leaned back on my seat, regretting the agreement I made two days ago. Curiosity kills the cat, they said.

Zack turned to me a bit. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

"No?" I answered like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Too bad for you." He pulled the car's key out. "We've arrived here and gas is expensive now, so." He then went out of the car.

I gaped by his action. It was dark, so I quickly followed him as I didn't wanna be alone there.

We stopped in front of the inactive automatic glass door. Zack was focusing on his phone, his hoodie covering his face. I knew there's a CCTV at the corner but I was pretty sure Zack would handle it. What I wasn't sure was how he's gonna handle the system that's automatically out after the office hour (like this glass door) and the guards who were responsible for the night shift. Only them have the access to the system on night, I think.

He's probably a 'professional' hacker, but I hadn't confirmed if he's actually capable of hacking systems like these.

Not long after, the glass door opened. My brow raised out of amazement. He walked straight in and turned to the elevator, which also automatically functioned for us.

We got inside and he pushed the button to 7th floor. Zack watched my body language as the elevator's door closed. I tried to fake it, but pretty sure I still gave it away - my head stayed slightly low, I didn't focus on my breathing and hands were in grip.