Chapter Eight

This chapter is dedicated to believeinu! Congrats to her for getting 10,000 reads on her amazing story :D

                                                                       Asher

One thing I can’t stand is being caught in the middle of something, because honestly I am the worst at solving problems. But as I had said before, with a last name like Blame, your name is somewhere in every problem. And trust me, that can get quite annoying.

  So even though I try so hard, I still get caught up in every mess…

 “Okay,” Ronnie said with an evil grin on her face. “All we have to do is dump the bucket on three.”

  “Guys are you sure-” I began saying.

  “One,” Ray and Ronnie counted.

  “This is a good idea? I mean-”

  “Two….”

  “We can really get in big trouble!-”

  They were about to say the number ‘three’, when a voice boomed from below. “Hey! What are you doing here?!”

  All of our eyes grew wide. “Who is that?” Ray whispered to her best friend.

  They hoisted the huge bucket of mayonnaise up from the rope and placed it on the roof of the school, which we were all sitting on at the moment. Ronnie craned her neck a little bit so she could see who was yelling at us.

  Once she looked back at us, her eyes met mine right away and they were even wider than before. She clenched her fists and furrowed her eyebrows. “It’s that kid.”

  “What kid?” I asked, my eyes narrowing as I wondering who ‘that kid’ could be.

  She narrowed her eyes as well and said threw gritted teeth, “Avery.”

  Ray raised an eyebrow. “Who the heck is Avery?”

  “Hello?!” We heard from down below. Now that Ronnie mentioned it; I could tell it was Avery because of the voice. “I know you guys are up there!”

  Ronnie sighed and crossed her arms, and Ray continued to ask in a hushed voice who in the world Avery was. After a minute passed I stated, “Well, we obviously can’t just stay here!”

 “Maybe he’s gone…” Ronnie said, a really hopeful tone in her voice.

  She looked over the edge of the school, and all we heard was, “Hi again!” She sighed exhaustedly.

  “I’m just going to see what’s wrong,” I declared. Before Ray or Ronnie could object, I walked towards the door that led to the stairs that brought us up to the roof. Within a minute, I was back downstairs. Luckily, school hours were over so no one else was here to see me coming from a student-free zone.

  I ran out the front door to meet Avery. His eyes lit up once he saw me and he grinned a little bit. “Hi!” He bubbled.

  A little awkwardly, I stepped towards him. I ruffled my hair and narrowed my eyes at him a little bit. “Did you need to talk to me or something?”

  “Actually, yeah…” He took a really deep breath. “You know, I’m really sorry that listened to your conversation... but I had a reason!” He took another even deeper breath and he closed as his eyes, once he began speaking again they opened back up. “My p-parents just announced that I was adopted.”

  My eyes grew wide. “I was not expecting that,” I admitted.

  He chuckled a little bit. “Neither was I.” He then shook his head and his grin washed off his face. “Thing is, I don’t have anyone to talk to it about… and I know that you and that Ronnie girl are adopted too. So… I was just wondering…” He trailed off and he found a sudden interest in his shoes.

  I slowly put my hand near his shoulder. It hovered over it for a second, but I then decided to clamp it on his shoulder. He looked up at me through his short dirty blond bangs as I said, “You were just wondering if we could talk about it with you.”

  He smiled a little bit. “Exactly.”

  I opened my mouth to begin speaking, but he held up his hand as if to tell me to stop, so I did. “But you know… I just don’t want to talk about it here…” He looked around. “You know, anyone could hear us. I don’t really feel like being the subject to the school’s biggest scandal of the month… so how about you and Ronnie come along to The Caffeine Bean and we can all, you know… talk about it.”

  I was about to agree when Ronnie’s head popped up from the roof of the school and she went. “Don’t I get a say in this?!”

  We both looked up and laughed at her. “No!” Avery and I both yelled at the same time.

  “Aww!” She whined. “No fair!”

  I looked back at Avery and I crossed my arms over my chest as I said with a big smile, “It’s a deal.”

******************************************************************************************************

Taadaa! A Brand new chapter, yaaaay!

So, what'd you think of this one??? Hope you liked it! :D

The song for this chapter is quite special to me. I usually don't like rap music, but for some reason, this song is actually one of my favorite's. It's the popular song Lose Yourself by Eminem, it's really insperational. Give it a listen too! It's from his amazing movie, 8 Mile.

Thanks for reading

-830freckles