73

73

3RD POV.

The brothers grunt as they break through the fragments of rocks that’ve fallen upon them under Kaya’s influence. Their skin is broken from the effect, their faces are messed up with dirt, and their hair is messy, like it hasn’t been brushed for years.

Kieran and Kade help Kyle from under an iron bar that’s hooked him into the ground, and he groans out loud as his rib breaks in the situation.

“Fuck, couldn’t you have been careful?” His voice is coarse as he lashes out at his brothers.

Kieran hisses while Kade looks back at their men. With his reasoning mind, he understands only more the aftermath of what he’s created. If anyone had told him about two months ago that Kaya would become what she’s become now, he would not have believed it.

She was a sweet soul, but he tainted her. He and his brothers turned her into exactly what she never wanted to become, and maybe just then they are the ones who can help retrieve her from the brainwashing of Olivia. They have made her need validation from others before she can make a decision, and that is what Olivia is using against them.

As long as they are both on the same path, Kaya won’t have a reason to see Olivia for who she really is.

As they make their way back to the throne room, their body regenerates, healing all wounds and broken bones. As soon as they enter the room, “damn, I need a drink after all that,” and Kyle heads right for the small bar on the east side of the room.

“If I’m to guess, their men have retreated again, haven’t they?” Kieran speaks to Kade, who nods instantly.

“I can’t hear their war chants anymore.” Kade replies back with the words, finding it hard to drip off of his tongue. He is just reopening his eyes, having closed them before so he could pay attention to what is happening outside.

Kieran tsks as he laughs maniacally. “It’s so clear, isn’t it? They are eating us little by little. This is fun for them. It’s a play, isn’t it?” When Kieran becomes like this, he is far from pissed. He is palm-twitchingly infuriated and could do anything at this point. Kade is ready to calm him so he won’t do anything irrational. They have to be decisive in thinking differently than these packs, and that’s the only way they can win, especially having gotten Kaya back.

“Yes, you’re correct. And Kaya is their bomb. She is such a timer that they are only nursing her just so they can use her when it’s time. And they would ruin her forever. That she doesn’t know.”

“Then, how do we get her back? It’s not like we were ever good to her either.” Kieran is groaning, his head positioned towards the ceiling, when Kyle comes to join them back.

“I made Chester follow them already. He would find out their tracks.” When Kyle explains, Kieran and Kade look at each other in surprise.

Kieran scoffs, “you did?”

“Oh, brother, don’t mock me for thinking past you this time around.” Kyle is just feeling the glory of his better reasoning when the door snaps open and Jared enters. His boot clicks with an annoying sound until he stops in front of the table and slams his hand onto it.

“It is the witch, isn’t it? She’s gone far more rogue than we think, hasn’t she?” The brothers don’t know how to reply Jared.

They have come to the conclusion that Jared doesn’t just hate her like they do, but perhaps there’s something more to it that he isn’t telling them. He’s come to take Kaya’s situation more personally than any of them, more than even their mother, who was the one to have suffered at the hands of witches. Or another thought is that maybe he is just watching out for them since the triplets have been in care since childhood, so he’s grown very attached to them.