71

71

Kaya’s POV.

The carriage comes to a stop, and the coachman bangs its body to signal for our attention. His croaky voice is a bass that penetrates through the thick body of the carriage, “we have arrived here, sire.”

Olivia’s face shifts to mine, with a smile plastering onto her cheeks. “Are you ready, Kaya? You know what you have to do, don’t you?” As she begins, I nod my head, remembering exactly what my job is. “And are you sure you don’t need my help? The alphas are doing their own jobs to make sure that the triplets won’t have any guards to secure them, so they are vulnerable for you to attack them one on one, but are you sure you’ve got what it takes to face your once-prisoner and kill him?”

I sigh. We’ve gone through this before, and as much as I don’t like the whole questioning of a thing, I think I understand why they are dubious of my capability. The triplets still have effects on me, but the emotion that fuels my anger is one that no cunning words of theirs could crush. They can’t penetrate into my skin or my soul anymore. I’ve seen them in and out, and I know there’s nothing good inside them, and they shall be punished for that.

Plus, I have once sworn that I shall be their undoing, and that’s what I’m only making sure that happens now. I’m going to destroy the triplets once and for all today, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

In the back of my mind, I know this isn’t what I actually and sincerely wanted. I don’t want to be a murderer. I may want to punish them and all, but not kill them in cold blood like I have imagined inside my head, but when I think about it,what choice have I got?

Olivia shares the same motive as me, so I can as well just listen to her and make her direct how I can get rid of the triplets for me.

However, questions like, “and when you’ve accomplished that, what next? Have you forgotten that she herself wanted you dead until she saw that you’d gotten your powers and that she could use you? Why has she completely gone behind her own species by joining hands with a witch and using her for her own goods? Isn’t she controlling you just like the triplets, except she uses your anger to cloud your own judgment, making you a slave to your fury?”

All those questions are roaming in my head, but I don’t want to care.

“Kaya, are you with me?” Olivia shakes my shoulder all of a sudden, calling me back to life. To be frank, I was almost unaware of when we left the carriage, and now we’ve run through the same woods from that night to the same secret gate that I had wanted to escape then.

When I think about everything that has happened to me, considering where I am today and at this moment, I am really absolutely stunned by how much time has changed the tables.

“Are you sure that you’re okay?” She asks me with worry etched in her gesture and in her facial expression.

I turn my face from hers to the gate that’s been locked and whisper a spell, “reserare.”

The air around the lock hisses, turning into an ice that grows within the lock until it breaks off, and the gate itself is pulled by invincible force to the other side, opening for my entrance.

“Yes, I am sure that I’m okay.”

Olivia chuckles, “I have no doubt you’d let me down.” Then, winking sharply at me, she turns to the other side. “I will leave now, but I have you at the back of my mind. I’ll be watching for when attention is called. Remember, you have to be swift with your actions. Any seconds wasted are a time for the triplets to retrieve their lives from your sucking.”

I nod my head, and she runs off into the distance. Fixating my gaze on the tunnel, I run inside it. Passing through the little space is a little bit of hell, and I am now surprised at how I didn’t notice it the other night when I wanted to run away. Perhaps it was because I had no other choice, but this time around, I believe I could go to the front of the castle and use my powers to destroy everyone until I got in front of the triplets.

Well, maybe when I have gained my full powers.

I’m now inside the palace and am hiding behind one of the broad pillars. Closing my eyes, placing my ears close to the pillar as I crouch, my palms touch the ground, and I whisper yet another spell, “Terram te flecto ad coniungendum me ad unum noticiam sui existentiae desidero.”

I feel the earth sending off signals till it reaches the throne room, and I hear Kyle’s voice first, “if the Alphas are here again to attack, then Kaya must be here with them. This is our best chance to let her know just how sorry we are for everything that has happened.”

“That’s weakness, brother.” Kieran seems to be in disagreement, even though his tone doesn’t seem to agree with the words coming out of his throat.

“Weakness is what we’ve been doing all this time. We were cowards who were so afraid to let his true colours be shown, thus hurting the one we never wanted to. We were wrong from the start, and every punishment is worth it.” Just then the door opens without hindrance, and that tells me that there are no guards watching the door—good—and Kade points at Chester, who just entered. “My Lord, all our guards are either watching after our people or fighting in the war. Yet again, we’ve been ambushed, and we allowed it.”

“Chester, this is no time for corrections. Get to the spot and report back to us if you see Kaya with them.”

“Yes, my Lord.” Chester hurries out of the room, and I snap out of the signal. Closing in on where I am, I hear Chester walking past the pillars.

Fuck!

He’s getting closer, and there’s no space for me to hide, so I hold my breath when he passes by the actual pillar on which I’ve stuck myself.

Chester seems to be walking away until he pauses, and I notice a change in his composure. He’s about to turn to his back, his eyes definitely coming towards the pillar when I turn to the other side with my eyes flaring out from its socket in shock and my left hand clutching my chest and the other zipping my mouth shut.

I’ve also held my breath without even realizing it.

He stays for some time before he actually leaves, and once he has, I squint my eyes and then make my way to the throne room. At the door, I think of all the pain that I’ve passed through right before I open it and walk inside.

“The fuck, Kaya...” I have never seen Kade this shocked before. The way he stands up from the chair, hitting one of his legs against the other, causing him to slightly trip, but his eyes remaining on my frame as though if he looks elsewhere, he won’t see me again. “You’re actually here. Brother, she’s...”

“We see her too.” Kieran speaks with surprise etched into his tone.

My face stays emotionless as I stare at me. I’m only concerned with my goal. “You’re here, Kaya. We’ve... I don’t even know where to begin. How have you been?”

My lips spread into a smile, watching at how stupid they’re acting right now. When a monster acts nice for once, well, that’s exactly what you think. “When I was beaten by a whip with torn all over it, when I was locked in the dungeon all night, when my friends were taken away from me, when you judged me wrong, and when you humiliated me physically, sexually, and mentally.” I swallow the heavy lump that has formed in my throat. Anxiety is coursing through my veins, streaming within my blood streams with such effect that my voice is trembling and my palms have turned cold and shaky.

My legs feel like jelly, but I force myself to continue, “you tortured me in every way possible. Hurt my skin even when you’re snatching away my innocence, never thinking of how I feel afterwards. You know, I always wonder what could have made me feel attracted to you. I always ask myself after the sex, after I’ve been given both pain and pleasure, why I actually loved it at the moment and then regretted it afterwards. And then I heard we were mates. You are my fucking mates, yet you’d hurt me.”

“Kaya, we have misused your presence, and every part of us is ready to redeem that. I understand if you don’t trust us at all, but I mean all that I’ve said. Olivia is using you. I need you to see that. Please, listen.”

“When I wanted you to listen to me, you didn’t, Kade. None of you did. Now, I shall have my revenge.” My eyes glow with freckles of gold on the essence of emerald green power that radiates through me, right after my tongue lets out a foreign language.

Ooh, this is going to be fun!