The Cinema

After packing up their stuff, the group hopped on a bus into town. Ellie hadn't gotten a bus since her assault. It felt smaller, almost more claustrophobic. She already felt uncomfortable on buses because of how dirty they often were, but as she clambered into one of the disability friend seats, but now she also felt like everyone was staring at her as she sat down, her leg slightly out-stretched because she still couldn't bend it.

"You okay?" Freya asked.

"Yeah, just don't like buses that much." Ellie said, trying to shrug it off.

Ellie tried not to think about how she felt, trying to listen to her friends joking around instead. She couldn't help but zone out from time to time though, feeling as though someone was staring at her.

After about half an hour, the group got off of the bus in the city centre. They made their way towards the nearest cinema, Ellie slowly limping behind them. She felt even more awkward as people kept stepping around her. She felt like some charity case. She found it almost even more insulting when an old lady held a door open for her. For her. Normally, she was the one to hold the door for the elderly. She had to stop herself from scowling, forcing herself to say a polite thank you.

Gwen, Maple, and Steven went to sort out tickets whilst Patrick, Annabeth, and Freya sorted out snacks. Ellie, feeling a little useless, sat down at a table by herself. She looked around the room. Other than her friends, there were only a handful of people floating around. A family looking through different movie options, an elderly duo buying popcorn, and a couple, quietly kissing in the corner. Ellie watched them. Despite knowing it was creepy and feeling like a creep, she found herself unable to look away. She thought about her and Freya. They had kissed before, but never like that. That couple were about five seconds away from doing it there and then. Ellie thought they would have, but they were interrupted by some of their own friends.

Ellie sighed. She stood up and limped over to join Freya, Annabeth, and Patrick. Patrick and Freya were walking through the pick'n'mix section, trying to decide on what they wanted. They were also mid-debate about what kind of gum is the best.

"Yeah, but you can't beat Cola Bottles. Especially the fizzy ones." Freya said as she shovelled some chocolate raisins into a cup.

"Nah, crayons are the superior choice. Plus, you don't really get them in many places anymore so they taste even better." Patrick shrugged.

"Ellie, tell him. Cola Bottles are the best, right?" Freya said.

Ellie shrugged awkwardly. "Actually, I gotta agree with Patrick here. Crayons are my favourite. It's actually my fault Patrick loves them so much."

"BOOM!" Patrick yelled, a little too loudly as the elderly duo glared at him.

"You're just saying that because you're childhood friends." Freya said, defensively.

"If anything, she's got more reason to side with you. I'm not kiss her or hold her hand." Patrick said, acting repulsed, but giggling mischievously.

"Don't refute me with logic, Patrick." Freya laughed.

"And there I thought you were smart."

"Okay, kids, break it up." Gwen said as the group converged. "We don't want kicked out just yet."

"Are tickets sorted?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah. We made it just in time for a screening. Hall D." Gwen said. Everyone finished buying their snacks and drinks, Ellie waiting for them off to the side. Once everyone had gotten what they wanted, they made their way into the hall. 

It was small and empty, giving them the full run of the place. Patrick, Steven, Gwen, Maple, and Annabeth sat in the middle. Ellie had to sat at the back because it was the only place other than right up front that she could stretch her leg. Freya joined her, sitting on the seat next to her.

WARNING: The next chapter is erotic and can be skipped. It serves as development for Ellie and Freya's relationship and shows that Ellie is becoming more comfortable with her body. Please only read if you are comfortable with it!