thirty six

Author's pov

With slow steps, Shahram and Afshaan enter the basement.

That bald man is nowhere to be seen.

They both approach Taha's dangling figure.

They both feel pity seeing his miserable and badly injured body.

And he is not conscious right now because of relentless beating.

They both free his feet from the room and slowly put his unconscious frame on the floor.

With steady steps, they take him to Shahram's room where Dilan and Abira are waiting for them.

"Bhai.... Allah Allah baba ne kitni bedardi se mara hai," Abira said, seeing Taha's condition.

"Not now, Abira. Just call the doctor immediately," Afshaan said, putting Taha's body on the bed.

"I will do his first aid to stop the bleeding," Dilan rushed to the bathroom while saying this to grab the first aid box.

Four of them are aware of Rubab and Taha's marriage and Rubab's feelings for him.

But they can't help her in this matter because they are some 18-year-old teenagers.

Abira was dialing the number when Shahram spoke.

"Abi, not our family doctor. That chamcha will tell everything to Baba. Just call someone else and make sure they enter from the back gate," he told her.

"Ji, Bhai....."

Dilan is cleaning Taha's wound when he groans in pain, feeling the harshness of antibiotics on his fresh injury.

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized, blowing air on his wound.

But her skill in first aid is like a stone lost in the ocean. Literally, his whole body is badly damaged, and he is bleeding from every part of his body, but it's only because of his hard bone-crushing training that he is still alive even after bearing too much pain.

"Bhai... Doctor," Afshaan said, turning everyone's attention towards him.

"Are you stupid, Afshaan? She is just a nurse. Taha needs a good doctor really bad," Shahram whispered, yelling at him.

"Shah bhai, I don't have any other doctors in my contact so....." Abira started.

"So you called her? Seriously, Abi?" Shahram yelled in disbelief.

"But let me see him. I will treat him for sure," Cemre said, walking towards Taha's body.

But she stopped seeing Shahram's palm.

"Are you guys insane? Taha is dearer to Rubab. Why are you not understanding? We can't risk his life, and also we don't have much time. I am sure Baba definitely got to know that Taha is not in the basement," Shahram said, frustratingly grabbing his hair.

"Shah...calm down. I will call my senior doctor. Please calm down," Cemre said, dialing the number.

"""
"Aapi... where is Taha?" She asks again.

Their silence is killing her because all the worst scenarios are coming to her mind.

"Bhabhi... he is... "Taniya starts.

"He went to Navruz's house for taziyat," Shoaib interrupts lying

"Taziyat?" Rubab asks in disbelief.

Taniya's eyes welled up, remembering the lifeless body of her lover.

"Unfortunately, Navruz is no more," Shoaib completes.