fourty eight

Taha's POV

When she woke up screaming while clutching her stomach, I panicked.

But seeing bloodstains on her lower abdomen, I took a sigh of relief, thinking it's her period.

But the way she is crying while clutching her stomach makes me tense.

So, I take her to the doctor, and my breath hitches knowing the reason for her bleeding.

She was pregnant. The doctor explained to me that she was several weeks pregnant, which is beyond my understanding.

My heart hurts, remembering the way she was crying and clutching her stomach.

Right now, she is lying with her head on my chest.

Yeah, I took her home early in the morning because she is not feeling well there.

"I'm sorry, Taha," she mumbled, burying her head on my chest.

"For what, Habibti?" I ask, trailing my hand on her head and back.

"I lost our first baby," she said, controlling her cries.

I kiss her head and say, "Habibti, stop crying. We'll work hard to another make babies," to divert her mind.

"Taha..." she speaks.

"Haa, Taha ki Jaan," I said, caressing her back.

"I am so careless; I didn't even know about my pregnancy until yesterday night," she mumbled.

"You are not careless, Biwi. Now, don't stretch this matter, and don't you dare stress yourself out because the doctor said we lost the baby due to your stress," I said.

She tilted her head, and our eyes met.

Her green eyes were wet with tears.

"What's bothering you, love?" I asked while wiping her tears.

"You will not work there," she said, grabbing my hand, which is on her face.

"Fine, I'll get my documents and apply somewhere else," I said, kissing her forehead.

Rubab's POV

I was really worried about Taniya Aapi.

"She said everything is alright there, but my heart is not satisfied with her words."

I started going to college as Mumani and Taha both want me to continue my education.

I was in college when my phone vibrated.

"An audio message?" I frowned and tapped the screen to open it.

"Shreya, I really love you, baby. I just got married to her to get Rubab's revenge. Trust me, love." It was Shoaib Bhai's voice.

My heart skipped a beat hearing his words.

You're all probably wondering how I got this audio.

Come on, guys, I am the future of my mum's political party.

I hired one of my trusted men to keep me updated about Bhai. Because i know how my brothers are.

My heart is burning with the knowledge that I am responsible for Taniya Aapi's misery.

Hmm... I can term it as misery; being bound to a loveless marriage is more than miserable.

I came back home, but my mind is buzzing with lots of tension.

When Taha came back and I saw those chocolates on the bed, my heart burned knowing that his sister is bound to a loveless marriage because of my brother's gereksiz intikam (unnecessary revenge)

I can't tell Taha about this, nor anyone, because it's Taniya Aapi's place to decide if she wants this relationship or not.

She is mature and older than me, but the worry and heaviness in my heart are unbearable because somehow I am the reason for everything.

I lost our first baby; a painful smile appears on my face.

Taha's POV

"It's been 9 months, and Rubab has literally suffered from 4 miscarriages.

According to the doctor, it's because of her mental health because she is totally fine physically.

Each time I saw her screaming in pain while clutching her stomach makes me vulnerable.

She is completely devastated because of her miscarriages.

Sunidhi Mumani is with us in Izmir.

Rubab is completely hurt.

Seeing her bleeding every time makes me realize my sins. Because that is not blood but my unborn flesh decided to leave her/his mother's womb because of their father's sins.

Zina I did with uncountable women.

Uncountable men I killed in my line of work.

Okay, I am a man, but witnessing her suffering from another miscarriage makes me vulnerable.

We both are lying on the bed with her head on my chest.

She eagerly wanted to embrace motherhood, as well as I eagerly wanted to embrace fatherhood, but I don't know why she is suffering from consecutive miscarriages because her medical reports are not concluding any major reason for miscarriage. Also she is young enough to bear our baby.

Even I avoided being with her after the revelation of her 4th conception, as I saw on YouTube that couples could avoid being physically involved during the early stage of pregnancy as the fetus was just a ball of blood during the initial days , raw and delicate.

But unfortunately, she suffers a miscarriage, which makes her drown in self-doubt.

"I am a miserable man, Habibti," I said, caressing her back.

She tilted her head, and our eyes met. Seeing her painful face and red eyes, my eyes filled with tears.

"Why are you saying this, Taha?" she asked, rubbing my stubble.

"Kyonki Allah mujhe baap banne ki niyamat se mehroom rakh Raha hai."

I said with heavy heart and dry throat.

********
First chapter of Taniya shoaib's story is updated 🥲🥲

gereksiz intikam