| 16 |

The sun shined down on us, as we all shared breakfast on the deck

The sun shined down on us, as we all shared breakfast on the deck. Everyone but me had been out swimming earlier, causing them all to sit there with drenched hair.

I'd been way too exhausted, I actually still was, and I couldn't help but worry it had something to do with my illness.

I pushed away those thoughts, instead directing my attention towards Lando. He was sitting in only his swimming trunks, his abs out on full show.

His curly hair was wet and dark, his skin looking even more tan against his pink swimming trunks, that I have to admit I loved.

"So I was thinking we could actually take the boat away from the harbor today" Lando spoke up. Everyone immediately lighted up.

Lando grinned. "There's an island not too far away, it should be pretty private" He added, looking around to see if we liked the idea.

Me and Ava exchanged looks across the table. Omg this is so cool right? I'm already so excited! We practically said with our eyes, both of us grinning.

"That sounds amazing mate" Noah responded, pushing back his drenched, black hair. Even though we hadn't spoken much on this trip, I could tell he was enjoying himself.

He was getting on surprisingly well with Carlos and especially Lando. It weirdly comforted me to know that he liked Lando, it made me happy.

"How long does it take to get there?" Max asked, pushing his sunglasses further up his nose.

"I spoke to the captain who'd take us there, and he said it'd be approximately half a day" Lando answered, taking a sip of his juice.

I often found myself shamelessly staring at Lando, watching his every move. It was honestly stupid, how something like him taking a sip of his juice or gently smiling, could make warmth spread through my whole body.

"I'm in then!" Max answered with a large grin, dapping up Lando from across the table. Everyone else quickly agreed to the idea, all of us suddenly getting hit with an energy rush.

This was going to be sick. I could already tell.

─── ───

Unfortunately, my energy rush quickly went away. I could feel my body get heavier and heavier, my head more and more tired.

I laid on the sofa, where Lando had joined me, as everyone else sat on the deck, enjoying the sun. We'd started sailing now, heading towards the island. My legs rested in his lap, as we both looked quietly at our phones.

My phone suddenly started ringing.

Incoming call from Mom it said. I hesitated for a moment. My mother and I hadn't spoken much, and I was scared that she was mad at me for going on this trip..