| 3 |

Emmas pov

Emmas pov

I arrived in the paddock with a smile plastered across my lips. My heartbeat never really slowed down after the encounter with Lando, and I could for the life of me, not stop thinking about it.

Exhaustion filled my body, all the way down to my bones, but I pushed it away. Today was going to be good. Lando was starting P2.

"London-girl!" Lando shouted immediately when I stepped inside the McLaren hospitality area. My attention quickly shifted to him, a smile already lingering on my lips.

"Hello Bristol-boy" I responded, sitting down next to him in a high chair. He was wearing a McLaren t-shirt, his brunette curls free from a cap for once.

"Are you stalking me now?" Lando jokingly remarked, flashing his cocky smirk at me. I smiled widely, as I shook my head.

"One google search was all it took" I revealed, my eyes trailing along the track that was visible from the window.

Lando gently laughed, resting his head inside his palms. "And besides, please never call me that again" he teasingly continued, grinning at me.

"Yeah, it really doesn't roll off the tongue, I'll recognize that" I playfully responded, lifting my arms in surrender.

Lando laughed softly and incredibly sweetly, before he got up from his chair. He was way too busy to just sit here and chat.

"I gotta head out, but you'll be in the garage right?" Lando said, practically already heading out of the door. He looked at me with hope, and I nodded with a smile.

I'd be there waiting for him no matter what.

─── ───

"Push Lando, push." My mother said over the radio. It was so weird to hear her voice be so serious, in contrast to the tone I was used to.

Lando was still in P2, but there was only a few laps left. He'd done amazing and exceed everyone's expectations.

But it was clear he was hungry for more. And I couldn't help but fear that if that hunger wouldn't be satisfied anytime soon, it'd eat him up from the inside.

"You have DRS, overtake is available" My mother told Lando, getting a muffled "understood" in response from Lando.

It had started raining, a dark cloud taking over Spa. Max Verstappen was in front of him, but I didn't doubt him. If Lando was determined to win, I was sure he'd win.