| 1 |

"P2, Great job Lando" My mothers voice sounded over the radio, coming through my headphones

"P2, Great job Lando" My mothers voice sounded over the radio, coming through my headphones. As I stood in the garage, the whole team - my mother included - celebrated and I couldn't help but smile.

P2. It was only qualifying, but it was still an amazing result.

Even though I wouldn't like to admit it, I'd followed Mclaren from home that whole season, and performances like these had become frequent, Lando pulling something special out of the car almost every weekend.

I felt my mothers arm suddenly wrap around me, a wide grin glued across her face. It immediately traveled over to my face as well.

"Oscars starting P3 as well! We're in for luck today!" She exclaimed, pulling me into her. I laughed into her shoulder, before she pulled me with her.

Confused, I followed her, as she dramatically pulled me through the crowd of happy McLaren crew. Then I saw the press, the interviewer, and suddenly I realized what we were doing.

We were congratulating Lando.

The 2 papaya cars pulled up almost at the exact same time, the redbull parking in the middle of them. All around me crew members cheered and smiled at their 2 boys.

First Lando stepped out of the car, pumping a fist up into the air in excitement. Oscar followed closely, letting his teammate do all the celebrating instead.

My mother grinned widely as Lando approached the team. I was so busy admiring my mother, admiring how happy she was, that I completely forgot about Lando.

"Is it a possibility that you have some hidden power that gives everyone around you an extreme amount of luck?" Lando suddenly said in quiet tone, grasping my attention immediately.

He didn't look directly at me as he said it, in order to not grab the press' attention. Instead he kept giving high-fives to team members standing close by me.

I stared at Oscar behind him, scared people would notice us. "Don't get your hopes up, my secret power only works once, before it suddenly backfires" I replied jokingly.

I don't even know what I was saying, but from the corner of my eye, I could see Landos smile grow.

"That better not be true London-girl, I'm gonna need you tomorrow" He said with a smile, now allowing himself to look at me.

I felt my smile grow. London girl? He'd noticed where my accent was from?...

With sweaty curls laying messily on his forehead, Lando stared back at me for a moment. Suddenly I forgot how to breathe.

Turning his back to the cameras, Lando let a cocky grin escape over his lips. Oh my god. Making sure no one else could see, Lando sent me a wink, moving over to another team member.

Emma breathe, breathe. Despite my best efforts not to, my cheeks flushed bright red and my heart started beating faster than ever.

This fucking guy.