| 11 |

"Heyyy!" Everyone immediately replied in unison, smiling up at me, as I approached the sofa shaped as a half circle, where they all sat

With completely drenched hair draping down my back, I slipped into the seat next to Lando, trying to act calm, as my whole body solely focused on the small spot where our bare shoulders touched.

"Well we should probably do introductions now that, everyone is here" Lando announced, looking over at me with a raised eyebrow.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, before I nodded at his suggestion. It was a good idea, since quite a lot of us actually were strangers to each other...

"I'll start" Archie spoke up when no one else did. I smiled over at him, classic Archie.. Somehow that boy never felt any kind of social anxiety.

"I'm Archie, I've been best friends with Emma for longer than she'd like to admit and I'm currently working as a bartender" Archie quickly introduced himself, grinning over at me as he joked about our friendship.

We'd been friends for what felt like forever. Growing up in a small apartment complex, everybody just kind of knew everybody, and Archie happened to be my next door neighbor.

"I'm Ava, Emmas true best friend, and I'm currently studying law in London" Ava introduced herself, smiling sweetly as she always did.

What she said was both true and not. She really was my best best friend, but I would never admit that.. But she barely even showed up to campus anymore, having failed every class this semester.

But with Ava, no one ever really questioned her. They were always too busy admiring her beauty.

"I'm Noah and I'm studying law together with Emma as well" Noah introduced himself shortly. It didn't surprise me. He was an introvert, but when you got to know him, you discovered that he was literally the funniest person on planet earth.

My gaze now moved over to a pair of unfamiliar faces. Landos friends. For some dumb reason, I could feel myself getting nervous as they looked at me.

I weirdly wanted to make a good impression, make them like me...

"I'm Max, Landos mate. I'm a former racing driver and now I'm a content creator" He said, politely smiling as he noticed me staring at him.

"I'm Carlos, racing driver as well, I'm Landos friend, but I'm mostly here for the drinks" Carlos introduced himself, with a grin. I smiled gently at him before it all clicked in my head.

Oh my god-

It was Carlos Sainz. The Carlos Sainz, f1 driver for Ferrari... With the sunglasses and cap I hadn't even been able to recognize him..

Lando looked over at me with a laugh "She's freaking out internally right now, she just wants to seem cool in front of you" Lando exposed me to Carlos, guessing my feelings terrifyingly accurately.