chapter 11 | teenage darling

Teenage darling,please be true

Teenage darling,
please be true.

Teenage darking,
I love only you.

Teenage darling,
you're my girl.

Finnick walked early in the morning his way to the District 4 train station, rushing out the door, to not be late.

He could not hide the grin that crept into his face, even this early in the morning, as the lingering taste of strawberries from the kiss with Azalea played on his lips on repeat.

He was captivated by her. It's all that engrossed his mind. Her presence consumed his thoughts, and the scent of lavender, a fragrance he had only recently experienced up close, seemed to have intoxicated him. It was as if a spell had been cast, binding his mind to her essence, leaving an indelible mark on every moment of his waking hours.

He truly admired her for her boldness and determination, as he would've never been able to admit his feelings, if it wasn't for her own confession to him.

Savoring the memory of her heartfelt confession and the reciprocal admission of his own feelings, Finnick couldn't help but recall just how perfect Azalea looked, even in the midst of the pouring rain that obscured their view.

That girl was something else, sparking a warmth and excitement within Finnick that he couldn't easily shake off. He couldn't wait to return to her again.

You caught me in a world,
teenage darling.

"Morning Tomás." Finnick greeted Tomás as he approached him.

"Good morning, Finnick," Tomás greeted as they convened near the entrance to District 4's train station, preparing to board the train destined for the Capitol to celebrate Finnick's birthday.

"Is Mags not joining?" Finnick asked in surprise. Normally all victors were mandated to attend these events within the Capitol.

"She doesn't have to anymore thankfully, so she decided to stay home with Azalea." Tomás said as he smiled towards Finnick, who was trying hard to look as casual as possible when the name Azalea was mentioned.

The area was heavily guarded by peacekeepers, forming a stern line armed with guns to prevent any rebels from attempting an escape into the Capitol.

Tomás confidently stepped forward, approaching the peacekeeper standing alone at the forefront.

"Tomás Willow, Victor. Finnick Odair, Victor. We're traveling to the Capitol per President Snow's request," he declared casually.

Another peacekeeper joined the first, holding an electronic tablet. Without much ceremony, the second peacekeeper uttered, "fingerprints."