chapter 8 | this is me trying

Azalea laid in the living room sofa with her guitar as she gently strummed her guitar, hoping to let some steam off from what had happened earlier in the academy between her and Calum Rider

She knew her dad would be mad when he got back home, and she hoped Finnick hadn't overheard what had happened. She really did not want to explain herself over and for Finnick to feel bad for something he hadn't caused.

Her humming was roughly interrupted by her father barging into the home, an hour after training at the academy had ended. The look on his face told her everything she needed to know about why he was there coming to talk to her, not that she wasn't expecting it.

"I need you to explain to me what happened at the academy this afternoon between you and the Rider boy." Tomás began, his tone angry and frustrated.

"Calum was simply trying to bother me today, I know you saw it." Azalea replied, her tone straight too as she stared back at him.

"I saw when you threw a knife straight at him-"

"-It wasn't straight at him! I purposefully threw it next to him." Azalea responded back, dragging her words. "You know my skills."

Tomas knew his daughter was excellent at knife throwing, but he was still furious. "For what, a warning? You made a big scene in front of the whole district."

"I wasn't the one who started it, he wouldn't leave me alone. I was angry."

"Yes, Lukka told me the rest afterwards."

"Lukka told you?"

"Well I forced it out of him, that boy is very easy to crack." Tomás corrected, whilst Azalea slightly smiled to herself. It was all quickly gone before she spoke again, pointing out the obvious. "So you're here to tell me off for defending myself."

Tomás ignored her statement as he spoke in spite, "How is your ankle?"

Azalea rolled her eyes in annoyance, as she spat back sarcastically. She knows He only asked about her ankle in worry that she had indeed injured herself and it wasn't a lie, as an injury would jeopardise her training and preparation.

It bothered her that her injury was his biggest worry, after seeing what had happened at the academy today. "Thank you for asking about how I'm feeling! My ankle is fine, but you knew already that I was lying."

Ignoring her comment, Tomás paced around the room with an angry tone in his voice beggining his rant, "Do you know how embarrassing it was when I left this afternoon? Having to speak with the rest of the trainers of the academy before leaving knowing my daughter threw a knife at someone today? You cannot cause a scene because someone is annoying you Azalea Rose."

"Calum was talking badly about Finnick, saying he isn't worth the victor life. It just made me so angry." She finally confessed to him looking down, hoping to make him understand.