chapter 4 | everything has changed

After work at the Andersen's shop, Azalea and Finnick spent the remainder of the afternoon by the beach

The pair were currently swimming by the sea, racing one another from where they were in the water, to the shore.

"We're 2 to 1. Let's go again, I bet I can equalise you." Azalea challenged.

"Azalea we've been over this, you cannot beat me in the water!" Finnick grinned from next to her.

"3, 2, 1 go!" Azalea counted, trying to catch the boy off guard again to win.

They both swam up to shore as they ran to where their belongings were. Even with the slight advantage Azalea had given herself, Finnick easily won.

"And Finnick wins again, 3 to 1!" Finnick shouted to the deserted beach, as he grinned towards Azalea.

"Not fair you're a man triple in size! Of course you will win." Azalea whined, annoyed she had been defeated. She hated losing.

"You won the last race!" Finnick comforted as he laughed beside her. Both still catching their breaths from their little marathon.

"Only because I cheated!" Azalea angrily replied, but looked up to Finnick in shock, realising she had told on herself in anger.

Last race Azalea never counted down and just ran for it, leaving a confused Finnick in the sand as she swam in the water. She then lied saying he must have his ears clogged because she had clearly 'counted' down.

"Oh so you admit it now Willow. Then technically I've won 4 to none. I will crown myself champion of the waters. Even if I already was." Finnick teased, as he smirked towards his friend.

"Fine I'll admit it, it's impossible to win over you. Happy?" Azalea whined looking towards him, arms crossed.

"You were the one that wanted to race! You just need to practice Azi. And perhaps maybe one day, you will win over the king of this sea." Finnick smiled back.

"I know for a fact I'd win you over playing mermaids." Azalea challenged.

"What does that even mean?" Finnick laughed.

"If there was ever a contest for living like a mermaid, ya know? I can hold my breath underwater better than anyone in this district Odair, you know it. I'm the best mermaid around." Azalea grinned.

"Well it's not fair when you already are a mermaid, Azalea." Finnick teased.

"I won't confirm nor deny." Azalea laughed.

"Wanna go back into the water?" Finnick suggested.

"I'm getting cold, I think I'll stay and warm up a little bit." Azalea replied.

"How odd for a mermaid. I'll go do some more laps before we head back." Finnick smiled towards her as he directed himself towards the sea again.

"Enjoy the water dolphin!" Azalea shouted back, as she dried herself with her towel.