I need you.

Mia's POV

I got up off of my hammock in my backyard after the phone had hung up on me. What the hell had happened? Why did they really have her phone because I know damn well that they did it without her knowing. Otherwise she would've talked to me, right? Or maybe she avoided me on purpose.

I sighed and opened the sliding door leading into my living room. I slid it shut behind me and walked into the kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator thinking I was alone until I was interrupted, "Excuse you, young lady," I quickly shut the door and glanced up recognizing the familiar face because who else would it be? My mother was standing there with her arms crossed glaring at me. I wasn't allowed to eat whatever out of the fridge at any time I wanted to like most kids. I had a specific time I was allowed to eat. I rarely went and got things from the fridge and I had to ask for permission before I went in the fridge even if I was given the time for it.

"Is it time for dinner yet? I think not. Get your ass in your room."

"But mother, I'm really hungry. I didn't eat lunch at sch—"

"I don't care, you should've eaten, now go to your room, the only exception I'm giving you to be able to leave that room is tutoring Talia. Otherwise, bathroom and maybe I'll let you have dinner depending on if you stay in your room or not."

"Fine!" I shouted at her and then stomped into my bedroom. I was so sick of the way I was treated, I couldn't even eat something in my own house. She fed the damn fish more than me.

I just sat there for about an hour wondering how I could possibly pass by the time but then I realized my mom hadn't taken away my phone. So I pulled it out of my pocket and debated texting Talia. My finger hovered over her contact. I quickly tapped on it and started typing. What was I supposed to say?

I started typing the words Hey, I got your number from your mother— nope too much. Hey!— Nope too boring. Then I hit send and it showed up as delivered. Luckily, I wasn't blocked.

Me: Hey, how are youuu?

I just stared at the text for a few moments and realized down below it on the left hand side there was the typing bubble with the three dots. I swiped out hastily trying to not seem desperate at the fact I was just sitting in the chat. I shut my eyes until I heard the ding. I waited a few moments, took a deep breath, and glanced at my phone.

Talia: who is this?

Did her friends not tell her I was going to text? Guess not.

Me: It's Mia, I got your number from your mom

Talia: Oh, righttt, my mistake. But to answer your question, I'm alright, could be better, what abt you? :)

I smiled at her casual response, but the next thing I said, I totally shouldn't have.

Me: I'm better now that I'm talking to you.

Talia: Better now that you're talking to me, huh? Interesting. You're definitely a flirt.

Me: Shut up, Woods. I was making small talk.

Talia: Sure. I totally believe you. Anyways, you should come over. If you do, make it soon. I need you.

She needs me?