Down to Business

Mia's POV

She looked so dressed up for once. As Talia stood before me, my eyes had taken in every single part of her, starting from her hair all the way down to her legs. As much as I hate to say it, she looked so beautiful.

She wasn't wearing her normal baggy shirts with sweats or jeans. She was actually wearing a dress. A very pretty dress in this case. It brought out her hourglass figure I never even knew she had. The length was a little short but still appropriate just revealing the slightest bit of her lower thighs.

I was really surprised by how nice she looked. She had her makeup done, her hair put up in a high ponytail, and she was even wearing heels? She was also wearing black glasses. Since when did she wear glasses? This isn't the Talia I've known since kindergarten. Or maybe it was, and I wasn't even aware, but why have I never seen this side of her?

I sat there still examining, taking in all of her features until I finally snapped out of it realizing my parents were there and so was her mother.

Talia went up to me and shook my hand gently. Then she went around the table and shook my mothers hand and my fathers. "It's very nice to meet you all."

I was awfully confused why she acted like she didn't know who I was. Maybe it would be easier to avoid the fact we know each other?

My father of course used his manners and helped her with her chair and then sat down in the chair next to me. There Talia was, sitting right across from me. Just like in English class. Surprisingly, she hasn't made a remark about it. But neither have I.

All I could hear was muffled voices coming from Talias mother and my parents, all discussing business. I was pretending to listen by glancing around the table every once in a while but I preferred to look at Talia. I still couldn't get over how different she looked.

She then glanced up at me with a serious look on her face. I looked away immediately.

That was so awkward. I shouldn't have been staring. Perhaps I should tell her I zoned out, or maybe I should—

And then I got interrupted when my father had raised his voice slightly. "Mia?" Subsequently, I looked at him a bit confused.

"Answer the question, Mia."

"Uhm.. I'm sorry father, I believe I zoned out by mistake."

He mouthed the words to me, "Apologize at once." so I did what he said.

I looked up at the woman and said sincerely, "I'm very sorry for being so impolite and not listening when discussing important matters."

The woman laughed. "It's okay honey, don't worry about something like that, I too myself zone out at times. But I was asking if you'd care to discuss about curricular activities?"

My father glared at me.

"Oh, uhm.. no thank you ma'am, if that's alright..?"

She grinned, "That's alright sweetheart, don't be stressed, I was just curious if you'd care to conversate about such things."

I smiled back. I was glad that she didn't mind me not wanting to talk about school or any sort of thing to do with my grades or my future. I always have to talk about all the importance of the future, my career and school. It's so much stress all of the time.