Part 14* Why didn't I just listen to my gut?

Javon's pov:

I zip up my jeans throwing my nicest top over. I wanted to make a good impression for her. I picked out my favourite shoes and started to tie the lace.

"Hey babe, where are you going" Katie asked me sitting up.

"Uh I'm going to meet someone so you'll have to go in like 5 minutes" I say smiling slightly and grabbing my favourite cologne. 

"Who? Who are you meeting?" she asks nosily.

"Um," I pause" Ophelia?"

"Ophelia"? she says suddenly sitting up properly and staring right at me, "I thought you weren't friends with Ophelia anymore and you hadn't been for ages" she says seeming jealous.

"I'm trying to mend our friendship again" I shrug.

"I don't want you meeting her Javon" she says pouting .

"I have to Katie , I promised her I would and I don't understand why you wouldn't want me to?" I say with a harsh tone.

"Because I'm scared you'll break up with me for her! " she suddenly screams at me making me widen my eyes. "She's so much prettier than me, she's smarter, she plays sports and she seems to have you wrapped around her finger" she says tearing up.

"I-" I say hesitating before looking at her crying and feeling bad. "Oh babe I'm sorry for making you cry please don't" I say sitting next to her , pulling her in for a warm hug and stroking her hair gently.

She tears up into my shoulder "Just please don't meet her Javon".

I hesitate then reluctantly say "Ok I won't."

I sigh as I calm her down.

"Can I at least text her to let her know" I ask her cupping her face in my hands.

She sniffs "I just need you to talk to Javon just please, do it later".

I sigh "Ok.."

_______________________________

Ophelia's pov:

I was sat down in the diner in our normal booth checking the time to see her was half an hour late. I knew that if he was late (which he normally was) then he was always half an hour late and no more. I ordered a vanilla milkshake to calm down my nerves as my leg starting to shake up and down and I began to bite my nails. I smiled as the lady brought my milkshake 5 minutes later and I began to drink it as I felt the cold, creamy shake rush down my body sending chills down my spine. He was now 45 minutes late but maybe there was just really bad traffic? I sigh scrolling on my phone and then texting him on the only thing I'm not blocked on. Instagram.

onwardwanna 

Javon?

Hello where are you why are you so late?

Javon? 

Don't ignore me

Javon where are you

I can't believe you

read

I gave up. I payed for my milkshake thanked the lady and left the diner. I ran out crying with tears down my face and walked home. I can't believe that he'd do that to me. His one chance to actually fix things and instead he just stood me up. I knew he hadn't changed. Why didn't I just listen to my gut?

________________________________

Sorry it's so short!

Please share my story around I would appreciate it so much <3