Step 34: Deals with an Unconvincing Devil

3-27-14

 "If you fail this six weeks that's on you not on me." Our science teacher yelled at us and clicked his heels to his desk.

"That's kinda what your job is." I rolled my eyes.

"You know what we should do?" Kevin said as he turned around facing Alle and I.

"We- all four of us," Implying Jason, Alle, Kevin, and myself. "Should all work together that way we get good grades."

I scoffed. "You wouldn't want my help. I'm almost failing." I threw my last test down that clearly stated 65.

I ran a hand through my hair and walked up to the teacher's desk.

"Can I see my grade?" I asked. "Me too." Dylan popped up next to me.

We glanced at each other breifly before looking back at the teacher.

"Why?"

You have got to be kidding me.

"Because this is like the billionth test I've failed." I tried to say without being as snarky as I wanted to be.

"Oh yeah?" Dylan showed me his paper of a 70.

Dylan knew my standerds. To me anything less than a B was failing; but this was science. My failing here was actual failing.

"How did he get a better grade than me?!" I hissed. "No offense." I added.

Dylan wore an amused yet shocked face.

"What'd you get?" "A sixty-five." I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"Hey I'm smart!" He defended. I was smarter than Dylan and a heck of a lot more intelligent! But come on seriously?! 

"Yeah but you never do your work again no offence"

"I don't care." He shrugged.

"What if I was offended by that like what if I burst into tears? Would you feel bad?" "Yeah like super bad." "Really?" I nodded and resisted to say that I'd probably hug him too.

*  *  *

"Jayla and Bella." "Jayla." Alle told Cam. They were playing the who-would-win-in-a-fight game.

"Kevin or Dylan?" I asked.

They both hissed. "That's a tough one."

"Kevin's tall but Dylan is like damn."

Kevin's only a few inches taller than Dylan but he has more muscular strength. But I keep remembering that time Dylan pushed my chair forward then pulled me back without even thinking about it. Dylan doesn't know his own strengths.

So we asked a lot of people including Ms. McComb.

"Dylan no doubt." She sipped her drink and slouched back.

"Ha!" I told Alle.

"Yeah but Kevin's taller!" Alle argued. "Maybe but have you seen Dylan get angry? I've seen him snap a pencil in half without even knowing it just because someone walked by." the teacher said.

"Really? That's hot." I admitted.

"I wonder what they would say?" Alle said.

I pulled out my phone and pulled up snapchat.

"If you got in a fight w/Kevin who do you think would win?" I sent it to Dylan.

Now Kevin. "If you got in a fight w/Dylan who do you think would win?"