Step 24: Red

(Wattpad kinda sucks so make sure you read Step 23 before this chap!!)

12-9-14

Math. I hate it so.

I still hadn't grown fond of Tate and Dylan but I had to get over it.

"How did you break your hand?" Our sub asked Damien.

"He punched his hand and broke his dog." I told her.

Kevin looked at me with a goofy type of smile and I burst out laughing, realizing what I said.

"That came out so wrong!" I laughed. Kevin joined me.

Even though I was still laughing, Kevin was just smiling at me... and I liked it. I like when he smiles at me like that. Makes me feel... beautiful.

-and yes I'm aware of how cliché that sounds-

12-11-13

Two days in a row.

Two days that Tate has not only glared at me from across the room in English, but Dylan.

For the past two days, Dylan has been playing with Makayla's hair in class. Not only has our teacher pointed it out, but Kevin. He even mocked Dylan by putting a hand in my head.
Before the thought of Kevin playing with my hair crossed my mind, I clutched his hand and moved it.

Dylan has definently entered the red zone in Tate's world. Not only knowing from her glares, but her once again absence by Dylan's side.

***
12-12-13

"Loving him is like driving a new moserati down a dead end street."

I gulped and flicked my eyes to the one person this song describes.

This is not only the 6th time I've heard this song this week, but the 3rd time I've heard this song in math while Kevin was here.

Loving him was literally red.

While I peered through my eyelashes at him, he craned his neck looking at me.

For a while I just thought it was a bad habit of neck stretching. But after a while I realized he looks at things while he does it.

In this case, me.

Though I was a big sucker for brown eyes, his mixed signals irritated me.

I just can't wait to be on break. I really need it.

12-13-13

Friday the 13th.

For some people, it's the worst day of the month. But since I usually have bad days, Friday the 13ths were pretty good days. Great even.

I think my good day began in a dream.

Can't remember simple details but all I do know is for the first time -in dreams or real life- Kevin and I kissed.

Well, sort of. He gestured me to kiss his cheek and I did.

Now even though I was dreaming, I had a panic attack.

You see, when I pressed my lips to his -ever so soft- cheek, I felt nothing. Sure it seemed like it lasted forever but I didn't feel anything. None of those cliche sparks or weak in the knees feelings whatsoever.

It made me upset. I mean it had me thinking, did I waste 5 years of my life obsessing over some guy that I don't -cliche-ly feel for?

Then when I pulled away I literally went weak in the knees and my stomach jolted like a freaking firecracker went off in there.