Step 17: Cheater, Cheater

10-15-13

(Refresher)

"And his mom is thinking about sending him with TJ."

Please God no! Don't make him move. It's like five years wasted!

I've cared about this boy more than anyone knows and for him to leave is just...

"I wanna know what teachers said it. I think it's Ms. McComb and Ms. A because Ms. Davis is just too nice." "And Mr. M is always joking when swearing. And Kevin would know if he was messing around. He wouldn't tell his mom if he was messing around." Mary said.

"I wanna figure out which teacher it is so I can tell people off." Mary groaned.

You may be friends with him Mary but in a way, you don't know him like I do... I love this guy. And he'll never know.

"She posted it yesterday." Heather said.

We fell into silence.

I don't want to lose Kevin. I don't.

* * *

In my elective, Ms. McComb pulled the puppy face and asked if she swore at us or offends us any way. Ms. A told her no doubt.

This is crazy.

I mean I shook my head no to everything but... it was a little too inoccent for my liking. I'm not sure.

"What if he leaves?" I asked Audrey in my book publishing class.

"Tell him." She nodded, typing away.

I typed everything that happened at let her read it off my screen, not wanting others to hear.

"Tell him I like him?"

"Yes. What if he says I like you back? Oh that would suck." She exagerated.

"Don't say that!" I screeched.

"Just thinking about him leaving, it's heartbreaking. Everyone sees him as this flirty jerk when in reality he's just a broken kid. I've spent five years getting to know this guy I'm," "In love with." I lowered my voice. "And it's all for nothing if he leaves." I said, taking my hair through my hands a couple times.

"He probably won't leave." She shrugged.

"And if he does? Think about it! He could leave, and everything would be over. Us, the series, our moments, everything." I sighed.

"Don't worry." She nodded.

I tried not to. But there was still that voice saying he was leaving, and he wouldn't care what happened until he left.

Which put me in the caution zone. I didn't want to irk him off the next few days. Because if he was leaving, I don't want us leaving on bad terms.

No one does...

* * *

I waited for Sarah's song to load while I was about to hear her sing for the first time.

Brittney, a girl I used to go to school with sat beside me. Brit was pretty cool, only weird thing? She was now dating Nick Carter.

Should I be jealous?

My eyes looked at her luminating phone.

What caused it to brighten? A text from the one and only Nick Carter.

My heart sank a little.

I forced myself to look away.

I don't know what hurt more.

The fact that Nick still had an effect on me or the fact he replied to her with more words than one, unlike me.

Brit burst out laughing.

"What?" I asked, scrolling through my instagram.

"Funny texts." She shooed me off.

I took my lip in between my set of teeth.

Don't think about it.

SARAH GURL CAN SING!

I'm literally going to strap her to my car and take her to X-Factor with me next year if I have to get charged with kidnapping like seriously!

I sat still while Sarah straightened my hair.

"Dude I need a straightener like this." I told her.

She agreed.

"What if he leaves?" I asked her.

"Dude he won't. He'll stay and you guys will end up going out and being so cute."

"What?" Brit looked up from her phone.

That's another thing, Brit had been texting Nick for the whole 3 hours we've been at Sarah's.

That hurt a tad too.

Ugh! Dwelling Selena, dwelling!

"I think they're perfect for each other because they're exactly alike but she's a girl." Sarah strugged.

"No! He's an inconciderate jerk when he wants to be." I begged to differ.

"Exactly." Sarah agreed.

"Are you saying that's me?" I teased.

"No I'm saying that's him all the time to me. He's all nice to her and he hates me!" Sarah told Brittney.

She laughed.

"I don't know. I just can't see us together but Sarah over here is about ready for us to get married." I laughed.

"You guys are cute. You guys just need to start dating already!" She exclaimed.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Sevin fangirl, Ms. Sarah Harper.

I laughed.

"I wish." I laughed and checked out what Sarah had done to me.

She's a miricle worker and she's doing my make up and hair from now on.

No questions asked.

"I can't believe he kissed Kaylee!" Sarah gasped.

"I know. And he told me!" I exclaimed.

Sometime last week, they placed a golfing bet. If Kevin didn't make a shot, he would gave to kiss Kaylee. Though she was laughing the entire time so he kissed her braces.

"That like made me mad." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

She gave me a look.

"You like him?" I guessed.

"No! For you!" She said obviously.

"Oh." I laughed. "Yeah it kinda hurt me I guess." I shrugged.

He will sit there, and talk to me, about other girls. Who does that?!

* * *

10-16-13

"Where's Kevin?" I asked a teacher.

"He's downstairs looking for the principle." She answered.

My heart stammered.

What if he was leaving? What if he was getting everything in order?

I gulped and nodded slowly. I made my way to my seat and waited for him.

I urged to ask if he's leaving when I saw him stroll in, but I didn't.

He sat beside me.

"We um... have to come in at lunch today." I told him.

"Okay." He agreed.

Wow. That's it?

That's... odd.

First hour was a blur. An unexciting blur. Except for the times when he would roll his neck. Yet he only rolled it to the way where he could look at me.

One time I caught him, he chuckled and said, "My neck hurts so bad."

Then he stopped... for the most part.

In math things picked up.

Kevin sat on the side of me today.

Like the actual side of my desk as opposed to right next to me, side by side.

I kinda didn't see why, until he rested his knee against my leg like usual.

Seriously was that weird? That we were always resting our legs on one anothers? I think it's tad odd. But whatever.

Soon enough, he moved back.

"This girl Brianna wants to talk to me. I don't want to talk to her though! She's ugly and I don't like her." Kevin told Jake and Jason.

I tried to keep my head down as Kevin talked more on the subject.

"She was like I wanna talk to you at lunch but I'm just like no I don't like you."

I cringed at the thought of how harsh he is with rejection.

What if that was me?

But if it's the Brianna I think he's talking about, then he actually isn't be hash.

He turned to me and cupped his mouth so the boys couldn't see (or hear?)

He whispered his response so quiet I didn't even hear him.

"What?" I asked.

"Hey did you need to talk to me at lunch?" he repeated.

"Oh because of that snapchat?" I asked.

He nodded.

"No it was just for going in for Ms. A." I said quietly.

"Oh. Okay." He averted his gaze.

Awkward.

I bet he thought I wanted to talk about something more important. Like how much I liked him.

Haha. Yeah right.

* * *

I caught my breath as soon as I set my tray down in Ms. A's.

I kneeled down and put my head against the desk, focusing my breathing.

"You okay?" Ms. A asked.

"Yeah." I gasped.

I walked out and got some water.

Better.

Ms. A gave me an odd look when I returned.

"I think it was the stale air." I nodded.

Kevin came in.

While Ms. A was talking to me about some helpful asmtha medicine, Kevin was eating my food.

"Don't eat her food!" Ms. A told him.

"Don't touch my food!" I hissed.

He laughed, popping the tater tots in his mouth.

"I wasn't eating her food! I was eating my food with her ranch." He chuckled.

"Don't touch my ranch either! I'm not like other girls buddy I will kill you if you eat my food."

Unless you're Scar. We're best friends, practically sisters. Therefore if we steal food from each other, it's okay because... well you get it.

I walked over to my tray.

"You ate my tater tots!" I screeched, looking down at my 3 tate tots.

He chuckled.

"I'm going to kill you- Oof!" I went to chase Kevin, and fell flat on my face.

Atractive Selena. You're so girlfriend material right now.

Arguing with myself later, killing Kevin now.

I got up with ease and chased him still.

I grabbed a tater tot out of his hand and stuffed it in my mouth.

Speaking of attractive. (I facepalm looking back at this.)

"Give me another. You ate most of them!"

After what seemed like 5 minuets of chasing, he gave me another. That was it.

Then later stole yet another tater tot.

I glared at him.

"You know pizza is unhealthy." Kevin pointed out, finishing off whatever he was eating.

I put my hands on my hips.

"Excuse me?"

"No like, it's unhealthy because you're so tiny. I'm a big guy and I can take unhealthy food."

"I don't know if you're calling me fat or skinny." I thought aloud.

"No I'm not calling you fat." He assured.

Ms. A agreed.

Still... it sounded a tad offencive didn't it?

"So... that pizza looks good." He smiled.

I took a small bite of pizza.

"Don't even think abot it." I shook my head.

This guy! Does he ever stop eating?

Turns out no he doesn't. He ate everyone's food.

Then, he didn't help me with our project.

He explained how he told his mom how he got caught cheating to his teachers.

I swear I called Kevin's name twenty million times before I gave up and finished.

Ms. A got all PMS status and told me this big o'le rant about team work and that even if I did do the whole thing, everyone would have still got the same grade.

"And you didn't do this whole thing." She handed my project back and gestured where to place it.

"Yeah but I did most of it." I mumbled, walking out of the room.

Ugh. Teachers are annoying.

"You left your history book out." Kevin called.

"Well you can put it back." I said before walking out.

One of these days I'm going to say a sassy retort to Kevin then turn and faceplant the metal door frame.

Note to self, watch for that.

I rolled my eyes at Kevin telling me, "Note to self, stop taking notes to self." Mimicking girls was annoying on every level.

Ugh he knows exactly how to get under my skin.

Why do certain boys have that gift? I wonder who's skin I can get under? Hmm...

10-17-13

It was really quiet in first hour.

I mean sure Kevin and I talked a small sentence or two, and I listened to one of his rants but, nothing special.

What was really funny was when Kevin suddenly remembered he forgot deoderant and was killing Jayla with his stink.

I laughed.

Then Kenna covered him with vanilla body spray.

I watched as Kevin did wall sits with Dylan.

I laughed and turned back to my math.

Two minutes after the bell, Kevin and Dylan returned.

At times, I question why I had to fall for Kevin and not Dylan.

We always played nose-goes when it came to getting the books.

Being lazy, I always argued when I lost.

Yeah I'm immature, so what?

Jason came back with three books.

"Seriously?" I narrowed my eyes.

"What? There was only three."

I focused my gaze on Kevin.

"We're going to have to share." I said.

He nodded and picked up his chair and sat by me.

He didn't move his arms from his pits and tried to write.

I giggled.

"Are you trying not to move your arms?" I asked.

"Yeah. I kinda stink. Can you smell me?"

I crinkled my nose.

"Sort of. With a strong mix of vanilla." I laughed.

He smelled himself.

"Do I?" he asked.

Ms. Davis started talking, so I shushed him.

"Do I?" He whispered, cupping his ear.

"No." I whispered back.

I was paying attention to the board when I noticed him move his hands.

I turned my head the other way, blushing.

"What the hell is he doing?" I mouthed to Jason.

He shrugged.

But I knew Kevin was actually zipping his fly, which was awkward.

I couldn't stop laughing at that for about 2 minutes! Seriously you're right next to a girl and he does that! Too funny!

"Let's grade our homework." Ms. Davis said.

I marked two out of five of Kevin's answers. I should have never graded his paper.

"Dude please just don't mark it wrong look I meant to do this." Kevin drew over his mistake.

"No! I'm sorry but I have to mark it wrong."

"Dude please like I love you." He turned away. "Please just don't mark them. Look I gave you a 7/7!"

"That's because I got them all right." I retorted.

"But please Selena! Like seriously I have a really low grade in this class and-" "We all do. You'll be fine. I need a calculator." I said looking around the room.

Kevin sighed and unlocked his phone.

Suprising me, he set his phone on the desk and tapped his calculator app.

Whoa.

I did 5/7= .714

Kevin threw his book on his desk, which made me jump.

We sat there in silence for a while.

"Okay give me a percent and put it into the folder."

I circled a 72% on his paper.

Hey! He was supposed to get a 71 so he can thank me!

He picked up his chair and moved back to his seat, forgetting about his armpits.

"Seriously?" I asked.

He ignored me.

Let me fill you in on something.

When Kevin sits by me, we put our binders on his desk.

So when Kevin sat down, he grabbed my binder and threw it at me.

I jumped back slightly, afraid it would hit me.

It just loudly hit my desk.

"Was that nessecary?!" I hissed.

Jake and Jason laughed.

But they didn't know us. They didn't know anything about us.

And about how much this hurt me.

I gave him back his phone which he snatched from me.

I handed him his paper.

"This isn't mine!" He threw it back.

"It has your name on it!" I retorted, throwing it back at him.

With there being 3 books, I kept Kevin's. For the longest time he went without a book.

Then he stole Jake's.

He didn't do the assignment.

"Are you going to come back and work?" I asked.

He ignored me.

So I finished my assignment on my own. We both did.

"You okay Kevin?" Ms. Davis asked.

Oh! God forbid! If Kevin's quiet something's wrong! But if I'm quiet I'm normal?!

"Yeah I'm fine." He shooed her off.

What was I supposed to do? Help him cheat?! He just promised yesterday that he wasn't going to cheat anymore!

Shows he can't keep his word.

For the whole hour, we didn't talk.

He looked, I pretended to not see.

I looked, his eyes flicked up slightly.

But no words.

My mind was racing.

He did this to me last year because he didn't want to sit with me. When he threw my books across the room and pushed me into a table.

Now he's mad I didn't help him cheat and threw my book at me.

He... he snapped so easily. That I feared.

I mean sure it crossed my mind that he needed good grades. I didn't know how strict his parents are. But, I'm all about my honesty, hell this book proves that. But I couldn't help him this time.

I'll admit I debated on grabbing his hand when he first got mad at me. Before he left my side.

I wanted so bad to grab his hand and intertwine it with mine to say that I was sorry but I couldn't.

I was so close to doing that, or at least grabbing his hand, before he moved.

Now he was mad.

He continued his day like normal. Laughing exc.

The only weird thing? At lunch, he was whispering something to Dylan and Dylan had his eyes on me.

I ate slowly.

What if they were talking about me? What if he was telling Dylan about me?

I scoffed to myself.

Yeah right. Kevin Brooks talking about me? Doubtful, pissed or not.

~~~~~~~~

Vote and comment!

Yeah I don't know what to do... he's so difficult and I'm pretty sure we're in one of our worst fights now.

Therefore he'll flirt with Lauren first thing tomorrow (10-18) morning and ignore me.

Great way to start off a Friday. Ugh, hope he's gone.

Much love.

-Wolfgirl54 xx.